Saturday, November 29, 2014

Thanksgiving 2014

The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and I am helped. My heart leaps for joy and I will give thanks to him in song. 
Psalm 28:7 
 
My heart is so full this Thanksgiving that it actually might burst! I have so many blessings to be thankful for! My deepest desire is that I live a life that displays this gratitude, not just TODAY,  but every single day!
May my life be a living "thank you" to Lord for all He has done, and continues to do for (and in) me!
I am BLESSED beyond measure, for sure! 

 This Thanksgiving was just a little different than ones we have had in the past. My parents and siblings all headed to Michigan for Thanksgiving this year, so our plans for the day didn't include our usual family gathering.
But we stilled enjoyed a sweet day filled with family, food, and FUN!
We got up early, and after a quick "turkey" breakfast, we bundled up and headed into uptown to watch the Thanksgiving Day parade!
It was super CHILLY out, so in an attempt to stay warm while we waited for the parade to begin, we enjoyed walking around and looking at all the beautiful Christmas decorations.
Love my peeps!
After the parade, we headed out to lunch. 
We planned to go to Cracker Barrel, but it was PACKED, so we ended up HERE! 
Definitely not your typical Thanksgiving spread, but, hey, it was still yummy!
Later that afternoon, we joined several of our dear friends at One7! One7 in a local inner city ministry, and we had the privilege of serving Thanksgiving dinner to some of the kids there!
Our family had the BEST time playing, laughing, eating, loving and serving together! I really can't think of a better way to spend our Thanksgiving Day. Our prayer was to be a blessing there,  BUT we were definitely the one's who left feeling BLESSED!!!!!




1 comment:

Lexie Loo, Lily, Liam & Dylan Too said...

You have a wonderful family! I'm glad you had a great day!