Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Pumpkins


 
I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE all things pumpkin this time of year!
 Pumpkin pie, pumpkin bread, pumpkin muffins, pumpkin crisp, pumpkin cookies...
okay-okay...so you get the point;) 
 And I cannot tell you how excited I was to see our local SAM's club carrying canned pumpkin in bulk this year. 
I stock up every time I go;)

  Needless to say, we've been doing a lot of pumpkin baking at this house. 
I definitely have my very favorite pumpkin recipes that are my"go too" year after year. They've been tweaked, tested,  and kid-approved!
These muffins are so moist, so delicious, and the kids devour them like it's the last thing they will ever eat. 
{I also like that you can substitute whole wheat flour for the white without sacrificing ANY of the taste. That makes them kind-of healthy, right;)}
And speaking of healthy, HA...
I've also had fun this fall finding a few new pumpkin recipes to try. The big boys had the day off of school on Monday, so for breakfast we decided to give this recipe a whirl.
 {The only "tweaking" I did to this one was to add a tablespoon of brown sugar to the egg mixture.}
This was definitely a hit and one we will make again and again! 
Recipe photo
Next up for us to try this week are these...Pumpkin Doughnuts
Can you say..."ooo-la-la"?!?!
I'll let you know how they turn out.
"Happy FALL Baking" from our family to yours;)


4 comments:

Bethany said...

I just made some pumpkin bread this afternoon! We all love it here too! Might have to try the donuts after you give them a whirl;)

Melissa said...

I didn't know Sams sold pupmpkin puree-I just got ours at Target, but I will definitely stock up next year. I love to make pumpkin pancakes, muffins and I'm trying a new pumpkin bundt cake this year. Such fun!

Anonymous said...

I just love reading your blog. I lived in the middle of no where when my kids were little so our adventures were few and far between.
I love the girls dresses. My aunt use to smock a dress for each girl in the family but she passed away before my last niece got a smocked dress, where did you get yours?

Lexie Loo, Lily, Liam & Dylan Too said...

Everything looks so good!
And your little pumpkins are adorable!