Sunday, February 12, 2012

The Sweetheart Ball and Cupcakes

 Friday evening, Shane went out on a date with...another woman;) 
The "other woman" was quite lovely too. 
She wore a gorgeous red dress, had beautiful blond hair, and had the biggest blue eyes you'd ever seen.  She was a true knockout;) What a treat it was for Shane to spend the entire evening with that girl by his side. And let me tell you, THAT girl was extremely excited to spend the entire evening with him too. 
(Grin)

Our good friends, the Robinson's, invited Shane and Sophie to go with them to the Sweetheart Ball hosted by their Christian school this weekend. 
I'm not sure WHO was really more excited about the night...Shane or my Sophie-girl;)
In order to get ready for the BIG night, Sophie had a little manicure. 
We painted sweet little hearts on each one of her fingernails. She LOVED it and couldn't wait to show her Daddy her beautiful nails.
When Shane arrived home from work on Friday evening, Sophie was already getting ready for her big date. 
She was so excited to put on the new dress she picked out and model it for her adoring Daddy. 
I actually stumbled upon the dress a few days ago while shopping at my local consignment store.
 
I fell in love with it the moment I saw it and thought it was perfect for the Sweetheart Ball. 
Thankfully, Sophie fell in LOVE with it too!!
She looked so sweet and couldn't wait to head out the door with her handsome date;)
Each family attending the dance was asked to bring a little treat to share during the night. 
I came across these sweet Valentine cupcakes that I thought were not only super CUTE...
 but SUPER FUN as well! 

"I CHOO CHOOSE YOU!"
We made sure we had plenty of cupcakes to share AND a few left over for the boys and I to enjoy while Shane and Sophie were at the ball. 

And while Daddy and his princess danced the night away, the boys and I had quite the night of our own planned.

Cupcakes and a little Kung Fu Panda 2 was all that was needed for a successful night on the home front!
These boys are so easy to please;)


7 comments:

Courtney said...

I bet Shane had the cutest date there. I love the choo-choo cupcakes.

Kimberly said...

She is the prettiest little girl I have ever seen!

Love Being A Nonny said...

Love her dress and her short hair cut is adorable on her. I know the bow hides the evidence, but it is so cute! What precious memories they are making! TWO baby girls at next year's dance!

Kristin said...

Oh!!! That is so sweet!! You can see the excitement in her eyes! What a fun memory for them!

Melanie said...

AB-SO-LUTELY adorable!!! The picture of Soph looking up at Shane is TOO sweet! So glad that they had a fantastic time! And those cupcakes are precious! I think I will have to Pin them!

Susan said...

That picture of Sophie looking up at Shane gave me chills. So sweet! You can tell she surely loves her Daddy!

Lexie Loo, Lily, Liam & Dylan Too said...

The pictures of Sophie and her daddy are adorable! I hope they had a wonderful time!