Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Our Terrific Kid;)


Last week, Corban came home from school declaring that he had experienced the WORST DAY EVER!!! My heart stopped and with my full attention focused on him, I asked him what in the world was wrong.
He reached into his book bag and pulled out his "take home" folder.
With a sly smirk on his face, he placed three papers on the counter--all with the big letter A written on the top of them.
Then he proceeded to pull out a letter from his teacher.
I opened it slowly, still not quite sure what to think. 
The letter was informing us that Corban had been voted by his classmates to be this months 
"TERRIFIC KID".
We were invited to celebrate with him at a special breakfast at school on Friday.
After I read the letter, I looked up at Cor and that sly smirk had turned into one big gigantic smile!
What a little turkey!
It wasn't the worst day ever...but instead THE BEST!!!
Corban immediately asked if he could call Shane at work and fill him in on his AWESOME news.
Shane was so excited for Cor too and told him that we definitely needed to go out dinner to celebrate!
Corban choose his favorite restaurant...Mario's pizza!!
We met Shane there and enjoyed celebrating our terrific kid over some yummy pizza!
Friday morning, we headed to the boys school bright and early for the terrific kids breakfast.
Each month, a different child is chosen to be the terrific kid based on a certain character trait they are studying.
Self-control was the focus of January...
 and I just LOVED what Cor's teacher wrote about him.
Terrific kid or not, I don't think Shane or I could be any prouder of the gentle-man this little guy is growing to be.
Love my Coco bean;)

6 comments:

Sarah said...

you've got a terrific kid because he has terrific parents! way to go, corban!

Sara @ Domestically Challenged said...

what a sweet surprise for all of you! Terrific honor!

"salembrookie" said...

LOVE IT, old friend! (Okay, not "old", you know what I mean, ha!) I love reading about your family! It reminds me of my childhood with the things that my mom would do for us. And also of how I want to be one day as a mom! =) Precious kids. I would love to meet them one day.

Melanie said...

Well, of course Cor is a TERRIFIC kid! Glad his peeps at school recognized! ;-) Congrats to him on SUCH a wonderful achievement...self-control is a really BIG character trait to be recognized for! Way to go! I LOVE his HUGE, confident smiles in all the pics above! What a sweet blessing Corban is to all who know him! And I love that he totally tricked you when he brought home the letter, TOO cute!

Sweat Is My Sanity said...

Way to go Corban, so proud of you!

Lexie Loo, Lily, Liam & Dylan Too said...

Way to go, Corban!!!