Saturday, June 25, 2011

Get Ready, Get Set...

Friday's slip read...
"Get ready, get set, because we're gonna dash-
    We are going to the park to SPLASH!"

Friday morning, we got our swimsuits on, lathered up with sunscreen,
and headed to the splash grounds located in a park near uptown.

 I cannot believe in all the years we've lived here that I've NEVER taken the kids to visit this park.

 It was BEAUTIFUL, with lots of shade, a great playground, and THE perfect places for picnicking.
Not to mention the AWESOME splash grounds that were there too!
My kids had a blast jumping, climbing, and sliding on the playground!

 After they were nice a sweaty from all that running around,
we headed over to the splash grounds to cool off.

This is where the REAL fun began.

 Oh.My.Goodness did they have a BLAST!!
The babies loved it,

and I think my big boys had fun too;)
After all that playing they did, they worked up quite the appetite. 

We found a nice shady spot, laid out our blanket, and enjoyed a yummy picnic lunch!

After lunch, it was back to the pad for a little more water fun before calling it a day!

A SPLASHIN' good time was had by all;)

 

8 comments:

Unknown said...

you are the most amazing, creative mom ever!!!

Courtney said...

The looks on their faces tell the whole story-They loved it! What a great way to stay cool with all your little ones.

Sarah said...

we were planning to go this week, but didn't make it. your pics have my boys looking forward to it though!

Brittany and Charlie-Social Butterfly said...

We went this week and loved ours!!!

Unknown said...

Hello there, I'm looking for pictures of adopted kids (with or without all the siblings) with a patriotic flair to them to post on www.wearegraftedin.com for the 4th of July. If you have any you wouldn't mind contributing, let me know! We'd love it! Thanks!

Love Being A Nonny said...

I love how you color coordinate them!!

Susan said...

You have some of the best ideas... what great memories your kids are going to have. I may have to look into taking the kids to the splash grounds. I know they would love it.

Lexie Loo, Lily, Liam & Dylan Too said...

What a fun day!!!