Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Memorial Day 2011

 I am so thankful to live in the great USA where we are FREE!! And I am so thankful to all the men and women who have sacrificed EVERYTHING so we can continue to enjoy that freedom! 
May we never take their sacrifice for granted!

We truly enjoyed every second of our extra long weekend! It was filled with delicious cookouts,  fun at the pool, and loads of family time! 
We are officially READY FOR SUMMER!!!!!
Corban has one more week of school left, and then we can really party!!!

Sunday evening, we met our sweet neighbors down in the cul-de-sac for a fun summer cookout! Everyone brought their own meat to grill and then also a dish to share. 
The kids had a blast and really enjoyed hanging out with their friends!

These two totally crack me up! This is Sophie's sweet friend, Elise.
Both of these girls are so spunky and full of personality! On a street full of boys, these two can hold their own!!

Monday, we spent the day pool side! Shane and I had taken the big boys for a swim a few times earlier in the week, but Monday was the first time the babies were at the pool since last summer. We wondered how long it would take for them to get acclimated to the water again, but I'm happy to report that there was NO hesitation at all! They both jumped in and started swimming like little fish! AND, this is the first year, in a very long time, that Shane and I could sit on the edge of the pool and watch them play. Last year, the babies were just learning to walk, so we had to hover over them as they played. This year will be a little easier for me at the pool and I'm grateful;)

Monday evening, we headed over to my parents house for a cookout with my family!

 Of course, Miss Sophie couldn't wait to get her hands on sweet Brooklyn. 

 Unfortunately, Brooklyn is getting a little too big for Sophie to hold on her lap now, so they have to sit side by side on the couch!


How cute are these two? 
Sophie and Jake waiting patiently for their dinner!

My sweet Riley!
I love his sun-kissed cheeks!

And Corban with his "big-boy-grin"

What's a party without a little "corn-hole'!?!?

My girl!!!!

So sweet!

And of course the evening wasn't complete with out some more POOL-TIME!

GREAT jump Ri!!!

 After such a FANTASTIC weekend, all I can say is...BRING ON SUMMER!!!!

11 comments:

Jill said...

When you add things like the star to Sophie's dress or the star and H to Hud's shirt, do you iron them on or sew them on? If you iron them, how do you make them so perfect without the fabric fraying? That's what I don't like about ironing on.

Jenny said...

Jilly---I do BOTH! I use wonder under to iron it on, and then stitch around it with the sewing machine! I usually don't have any problem with fraying that way!

Sarah said...

when you have a yard sale, or if you go into business, i'm FIRST in line for sophie's dresses! :)

what a fun weekend... i'm happy you have family close to make special memories with!

Courtney said...

What a fun weekend. Sophie and Hudson looks so cute in their coordinating outfits.

AbbyS. said...

Looks super fun! Your kiddos look like they are loving the pool! Thankful that you might get a little pool time enjoyment this summer!!

Hailey said...

You should start at Esty site!!! I love the outfits you make your precious kids:)

Tina said...

When you make your tshirts what type of glue do you used to put the decal on. I tried doing this on my own and got a really gummy glue i didn't like and ended up getting it on other place and had to cover them up. Also glad your back i haven't been crafting much and thanks to you i'm back to crafting again. And yep i printed some of the idea off that you sent us to wreaths ect. Thank you for sharing . I'm a mom of two teen girls. Ashley and Katie. One year of highschool left and then a second year of college. Time does fly before we know it there all grown up.
Tina Gayman
Pennsylvania Mom
stgayman@pa.net

Celia Jimenez said...

Sarah...since you pass on all of Annalyse's stuff to me I'll let you be first in line for Sophie's stuff! :-) But who's in line to get Jenny's stuff??? :-) Thats what I want! Your pics are so cute! Glad you had a good time with your grandparents here!

Jill said...

Thank you, Jenny, for responding to my question. :)

Melanie said...

What a wonderful Memorial Day with family! I love ALL of the pictures! Corban really is becoming such a big boy/young man!

Lexie Loo, Lily, Liam & Dylan Too said...

What a great weekend! The kids are always dressed so cute!