Friday, December 31, 2010

"I feel like I've been spinning in a clothes dryer...

for the last several hours!"

Yes, that is how Shane best described our family outing for today--lol.
Honestly, I'd have to say his description was pretty accurate.

Today our little adventure lead us to the place "where a kid can be a kid"
--Chuck-e-cheese--!
I think it's safe to say that we had the same idea as every other family, daycare, and after school program in south Charlotte. The place was totally packed. So much so, that we had to wait to find an open spot in their large parking lot.

We met our sweet friends, the Jimenez's there for what we thought would be a fun afternoon of just hanging out!

Well, it was a great thought, in theory, but I don't think we exchanged more the two sentences the whole time we were there. Truth be told...I don't think it was possible to even form a complete sentence in that place;)
It was pure CRAZINESS!!!

The kids had a blast though, and they were totally oblivious to the large crowds of people that swirled around them!

I, on the other hand, was a NERVOUS wreck.
I spent the entire time chasing babies around and counting little heads.

Riley was crowned the ski-ball CHAMP of the family!

Although Sophie Lu (with a little help from Daddy) was pretty good too!

Hudson so... wanted to be like the others and play all the BIG KID games.
I was determined to keep him close though.
It wasn't fair that he had to be content sitting on my hip, while everyone else was running crazy!

Meeting Chuck-e-cheese was definitely the high-light of the afternoon!

Sayin' "CHEESE"

Yes, it was quite a chaotic afternoon, but spending some sweet time with Daddy was the goal!
I'd have to say... GOAL ACCOMPLISHED!!!!!

And as an added bonus,
the babies each napped for THREE hours after we got home!
That NEVER happens. I guess all the excitement just wore them flat out too!





7 comments:

These Are The Days said...

Ha! I love it Jenny, Chuck E Cheese will do that to ya. I avoid it if at all possible but every few years I seem to find myself there...in a mindless daze. :D

Love Being A Nonny said...

I love all the fun things yall do!!!

April Westerhold said...

My kids love Chuck E Cheese, too, but it almost sends me into a panic attack. I would have been the exact same way . . . chasing and counting, chasing and counting. Glad you had a fun family day.

Sarah said...

YAY for family fun time! YAY for fun with friends! YAY for LONG naps! :)

Melanie said...

That is too funny about feeling like you just got out of the clothes dryer, but quite accurate, I'm certain! Such cute photos & glad you survived & even got to enjoy the benefits of babies sleeping 3 hours!
Happy New Year!

Melanie said...

Oh, I meant to say that I love, love, LOVE the new blog look & header! So clean & fresh for the New Year! Beautiful!

Rebecca said...

Looks like a fun time with family! Happy New Year!