Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Hit or Miss

My favorite place in the whole entire world to shop is Goodwill!
Yes............ Goodwill!

I'm not sure if it's because of the deals you can find, or the thrill in the hunt itself that I love more, but I heart the Goodwill!
I normally try and stop in our local store once a week.
And if I'm ever looking for something in particular, it's always the first place I try.

Saturday I was out and about, so I decided to stop in and see what treasures I could find! Now, sometimes you find something GREAT, and other times--- nothing!
You just never know--and that's part of the fun!

The area of the store that I always check out first is the furniture section.
Again, you just never know!
Saturday, I was so excited when I stumbled upon this adorable chair.

It was in PERFECT condition, PERFECT for my sweet Sophie, and even more PERFECT...the PRICE---$8.99!
SCORE!!!!
I was so....excited to get this chair home and show it to my Sophie.
Needless to say, she is head over heels in love with her new chair!

I also bought two "new" sundresses--(I wore this one to church on Sunday),
a top, a pair of shorts, and a beautiful "new" pair of shoes for me!
Oh...and I got Sophie a "new" bathing suit cover up (for next year).

All that, and the chair for...$30!
Now THAT'S a GREAT deal!!!


18 comments:

Love Being A Nonny said...

Oh my word! That chair is ADORABLE.....as are the two of you!!! I need to check Goodwill more often!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ashlee said...

Okay, that's VERY weird. My mom and I went to Goodwill this past weekend for the first time in years. I decided that I was going to start being thrifty. Since I wear only skirts, it makes shopping difficult at times because it's hard to find long decent skirts that are cute. A friend was telling me about making skirts from jeans so I bought two pairs of jeans and made an adorable trendy skirt for $4.50!! I also found an Under Armour shirt for winter walking for $2!! I'm definitely hooked on Goodwill now after only one trip!

Unknown said...

I know EXACTLY what you mean - it's a toss up between Goodwill and the ReStore store for me. I got a fabulous deal a few weeks ago at Goodwill - a Huge table for my craft/sewing room for $10 bucks! I need to go through the clothes more often if you're finding all that cute stuff you wear!

Sarah said...

oh my goodness! what goodwill do you shop at? the one by me has a good selection of clothes, but NO furniture! i need to stop by the one on your side of town i guess. cute chair!

Terri said...

Oh my heart! I love the chair. What a great find!!! Goodwill is so hit or miss... I need to go more often. So good to see you Sunday. Blessings!!!

These Are The Days said...

I love that picture of you two. That chair is a great deal, cuter than the one I paid $85 + shipping for a few years back for my Soph. I seriously never find anything good at the Goodwill's out here. I don't know what the deal is...it's seriously so junky. I think I need to go up to Scottsdale...I'd probably find all kinds of good stuff.

Meg said...

I LOVE the Goodwill and that chair is AdOrAbLe! I'm jealous! ;) Makes me want to make a quick trip to my local Goodwill!!

Courtney said...

What a great find. I love,love,love that chair.

The Striving Homeschool Mom said...

HI Jenny!! LOVE that chair! so beautiful!! Wanted to let you know that if you have a Salvation Army near you that on every Wed. they have 1/2 price day and it's a great day to go and find some great deals!! Just thought I would pass that on!!

Melanie said...

Wow! That chair sure is an adorable score! And your dress is so pretty, too! I always want to stop by Goodwill more often, but don't seem to find much time without kids in tow...good thing school time is here!

Lexie Loo, Lily, Liam & Dylan Too said...

That chair is so cute! What a great find!

Anonymous said...

We love shopping at the Goodwill !! We also find so many awesome deals !!

Brittany and Charlie-Social Butterfly said...

So cute! Way to go!!

Celia Jimenez said...

You and me both girl...love that Goodwill!! Your new blog is so cute!!!!

Kimberly said...

I love your necklace. Where did you get that?

Mary Ann said...

Love that chair! I love Goodwill! While we were adopting the girls from Guatemala I would take a suitcase full of clothes over to the girls each trip (10 trips total). My hubby was afraid they would sell the clothes for money so I never bought new. I always went to Goodwill and found beautiful things. Even some new with tags. I haven't been for a long time until your post. I went the other day and found Sara Ava some nice ugg type boots for next yr. and some new Old Navy Jean for me w/ the tags on them. You are right it is hit or miss.

Val said...

What a great find!!! Your blog is super cute.