Saturday, March 20, 2010

Unexpected Blessings!

Just yesterday, I stepped outside to get the mail, and as I opened my front door I found this HUGE box sitting on my porch.

I brought it inside and opened it up only to find it FULL of beautiful clothes for my Sophie girl.

Oh. my. heart. So many BEAUTIFUL dresses!!! Also, stuck in the bottom of the box was this pair of shoes.

PERFECT for my Riley. He was in need of a new pair of sneakers for the summer
---another blessing!

In the box was this card...

and this picture...

I met this precious family about 10 years ago. I was working at our church as a preschool teacher and had their middle son, Luke, in my class. At the end of that school year, this sweet family asked me if I would be interested in coming and being their full time nanny. Shane and I had just gotten married and were talking about starting a family of our own. I knew I wanted to be a stay at home mommy, so this job was perfect for me. If and when we did have a baby, I could just bring the baby to work with me. Well, I was with this family for about four years. I LOVED their kids like my own. During the time I was with them, they adopted their beautiful daughter from China. I was with them as they went through the entire process and believe the Lord used that experience and gave Shane and I the passion to adopt also.

When they brought their precious daughter Abby home from China she was about 11 months old. My Corban was just six months old at the time. I had the privilege of taking care for their three children and of course, Corban too. It was the perfect job for me!! I know the Lord used this experience of caring for two babies so close in age and their two older boys as a way to kind of prepare me for my life today.

Well, when I found out I was pregnant with Riley, I decided it was REALLY time to be a stay at home mommy. Their kids were getting older and it wouldn't be long before they would all be in school.

We still keep in touch and celebrate birthdays and special occasions together. Corban and Abby are BEST friends. They say their going to marry each other one day--ha! We'll have to wait and see about that one!

The Lord is so...good and has blessed us time and time again through this family!


From the fullness of his grace we have all received one blessing after another.
John 1:16

12 comments:

Faith said...

Wow, that is such a blessing! Hope y'all have a great weekend!

Kimberly said...

beautiful dresses!

Caroline said...

That is so great and yes it defiantly seems ALL God planed. It is so amazing how He has our whole life planned out and to watch His wonders as we look back. He is great.

Annice said...

What a beautiful story. I'm crying. You are truly blessed and God is so good!

Melissa said...

What a bless and a great story!

Bethany said...

Wow! That's great! I love seeing all the things that will be passed down to me one day for my little girl:)! Ha ha!

Love Being A Nonny said...

What a sweet sweet story!!!

Terri said...

What a sweet, sweet story! How fun to have such an unexpected gift show up on the doorstep. I always loved having clothes passed on to our Abbie. Such a blessings. Hope you had a wonderful date last night! Blessings!

Kim H. said...

Hi - Google Reader just suggested your blog to me, and I think that it is just precious. I am in the process of adopting - so this post spoke to me. Your kiddos are just absolutely adorable! :-)

Brooke and David said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Brooke and David said...

Reading your nanny story gave me some serious chill bumps! God is amazing and it's so awesome to hear stories like yours!!

Mary Ann said...

Wow!!!! What a blessing! I sure wish I would find one of those at my door for my growing children!;0)