Monday, August 10, 2009

The creative juices are flowing...

I am sure the suspense is just killing y'all--- lol, so with out further ado, here is the dress I ordered for Sophie's 1st birthday!
Thanks again to all who voted! I REALLY loved the smocked dresses too (those seemed to be the over all favorites), but they seemed just a little too dressy for her 1st birthday party.

http://ny-image1.etsy.com/il_fullxfull.83957433.jpg

I just happened to stumble upon this dress the other day (on etsy of course) and fell in love with it. Like I said before, the theme and colors of the party are pink and brown. I think this dress will be perfect! It's simple, cute, and just so much fun. Her name will be monogrammed across the front!
I LOVE it!

Browsing etsy has definitely got my creative juices flowing. They have SO... many cute things on that site. I just love it! Oh how I wish money was no object.
I could seriously go crazy buying things on there!!!!
So instead of buying every cute thing I saw, I decided to try and make a few things for myself.
I just love a good crafty project!


Since Sophie got a new dress for her party, I thought it would be fun to make the boys t- shirts to wear to the party as well.
So here is what I came up with....
(and Celia...no glue gun was involved in the making of this project... lol)

Don't be too impressed. These were super easy to do!!
And the best part...I made all three of these shirts for the price of one on etsy!
I am working on a bug shirt for my nephew Jake.
His first birthday is coming up and my sister is planning to do a bug theme.

Speaking of being creative...

My sweet friend Jessica is truly one of the most creative and talented people I know! She has an online shop call Simply Ooh La La, where she creates custom products for children's rooms and nurseries. Her stuff is AMAZING and makes great gifts too!!!! Go check it out!!!!
***And just so you know...***
Jessica & her husband, Reggie, are in the process of adopting a precious baby girl, so every purchase you make helps them raise funds towards their adoption costs!
Happy shopping!

18 comments:

Mandy said...

Love it!!! Please let me know how you made the boys shirt... I would LOVE to make Seth a few monkey shirts like that. Thanks

Ms. Elaine said...

if you could do those shirts you could do the pillowcase dress too! directions can be found on this blog:
http://alittleloveliness.blogspot.com/2009/05/make-pillowcase-dress.html I have made several using her directions and it is very easy! Can't wait to see the party pictures!

Terri said...

Very cute & creative!!! I love when I can replicate something I saw somewhere else, or be inspired by it... and save money in the process!!! Everything you do is as beautiful as you are, sweet friend! I am glad you posted about Jessica's shop, too. I am praying for much success for her as they prepare to bring their baby girl home. Blessings!!

Brittany and Charlie-Social Butterfly said...

Very cute for both sophie and the boys. For the boys was that an iron on? Where did you find them? When I did Savi's I only went to the isle in hobby lobby with like iron on patches type stuff. I was looking for more choices but didn't see any. Good for you!

Annie said...

aw, i LOVE the dress you ended up picking!
and the shirts you made for the boys, adorable!!
such a cute family :)

Taylor said...

Love the dress! I know she will look precious in it!!

Lexie Loo, Lily, Liam & Dylan Too said...

I love that dress! It is perfect. The shirts turned out so cute!

Jill said...

I just found your blog while browsing around! I love Sophie's birthday dress and I love the shirts that you are making your boys! What a cute idea for them to have something for the party as well! I think I'll have to make my little man one of those!

Jillian said...

Ohh, Jenny I love the dress that you chose for Sophie! Someone else left this comment already but they are exactly right that you could make a pillowcase dress for Sophie for another occasion in the future. They are super easy and I've made several for Lilly and for birthday party gifts. Pillowcases are so inexpensive to find and lots of cute prints and solids are out there right now. I love to use really wide ribbon for BIG bows at the shoulders and then you can always make a matching bow with extra ribbon! So while the creative juices are flowing!

CourtneyC said...

She, is going to look so cute in that dress!!!

You did an awesome job on those shirts.

Amanda said...

I love the dress she is going to be stunning! & you are so creative! Those shirts are too cute!

Annie said...

Hi my name is Annie and I'm from Puerto Rico.

I find your blog two weeks ago and I like it.

The dress is beautiful and the tshirts are wonderful.

Have a great week.

Bethany said...

That dress is absolutely adorable! The onesies are so cute, too!

Unknown said...

Sophie is so CUTE! Happy Birthday!!!
Flor (floreshayes@gmail.com)
hkpanda.freetzi.com

Crazy Cowans said...

Love the dress! And I agree they are Very easy to make!! So how did you do the shirts?? I Love Esty! You should do a step by step how to on the shirts! IF you can find time! :)

4torock said...

I love it!! I am always looking for a new design...may have to copy-arent they too easy, I get most my ideas from etsy too- I LUV it! Ill send you some of mine if u send me ur icecream and bug design.... when I have time to get a stamp! lol Il email ya when I get back from beach:)

Courtney said...

Love the dress you got for the party. I love the shirts you made for the boys. I can't wait to see the party pictures. Looks like everything is coming together.

Mary Ann said...

I love the dress! too cute! I also love the tee's. great job! I made the ice cream bomb and it was sooooo good. I love the raspberry with the cho. chips. YUMMY! It was a big hit with the kids.