Thursday, June 18, 2009

Just for fun!!!

So we are only about two weeks into summer vacation and I have already heard those infamous words..."Mom, we're bored!!" It was just a matter of time! I knew this would have to be a slower summer in general because of the babies and their schedules! Between naps and feedings, well, it doesn't leave a ton of time for fun outings. I try my best to keep them busy with art projects and games, but then there are those times when they have to just find something to do by them selves!

It has also rained at least two afternoons this week. This didn't help matters any.
So instead of going to the pool for the afternoon, the boys went swimming in the bath tub!!!

We added some bubbles for fun!!! Not only did this keep them busy for over an hour, but as a bonus, I had two clean, sweet smelling little boys when they were done!!!!

10 comments:

Terri said...

What a brilliantly creative & fun mommy you are!!! I am sure they had a blast and will remember their special tub time. Blessings!

Caroline said...

Thats not a bad idea!!!! Good thinkning.

Caroline

Susan said...

what a great idea - looks like they enjoyed themselves.

Amy said...

What an awesome idea! Great thinking! Love the bubble hats!

Courtney said...

Great idea. Love the photos!

Bethany said...

Scrub a dub dub two boys in the tub! Good times!

Melanie said...

Love it Jenny! I have done this before, too & also let them "draw" with colored shaving cream (in their tub, not mine!) Fun way to beat the summertime blues!! By the way, your bathroom looks JUST like mine, same tile & same color of blue! Great taste!!
Hope to see you soon!

God, My Savior Forever! said...

Hi Jenny! Came accross your blog and it's so cute!!! Love the background;D Bubbles are always fun! Seems liek the kids had tons of fun! I know...I can only imagine how hard parents have to work to be creative around the summer. Have a blessed day!

Susan@-)----

The Corwins said...

We used to LOVE to do that as kids! Sometimes we'd take our baths outside (in bathing suits!)by putting bubbles in the kiddie pool, we thought that was REALLY special. Oh, the simple things :)

Rachel Dominguez said...

We do what we gotta do ?huh? I use to do this all the time when my boys were little and when I had the BIG tub.