Thursday, May 28, 2009

Just a small glimps into my life...

Life with four little ones is...well...wonderfully hectic. I have mentioned this before, but having two babies to care for is going a lot better than I anticipated. Life is extremely busy, but we are managing! We are beginning to develop a routine! I crave routine! I feel like everyone is happier when we have a schedule and set routine. Having a newborn though throws any sense of routine right out the window. Slowly we are working our way back on schedule!
It takes time though--this I know!

Here is a picture of my calendar that is upstairs in our family room.


Notice that it's stuck on the month of April! That's really how my life feels.
The months are just flying by!!! Some days I wake up and literally wonder what day it is!
Isn't it going to be June soon?
Where of where has the time gone?

...and this is how I spend most of my day!
I surprise myself with what I am still able to accomplish while holding two babies.
I do wonder however, why the Lord didn't give mothers one extra arm though.
Oh the things I could do if I just had one more arm!?!? LOL

Yes... life is crazy right now, however, I am learning to love the noise, manage the clutter and chaos, but most importantly, enjoy the blessing of it all!!!!!

14 comments:

dawn said...

jenny, keep doing what you are doing! you are such a wonderful mommy! i know how you feel (sort of!) with having four kids and craving routine - i am the same way, but with small babies it is hard sometimes! enjoy every second of holding BOTH babies and know that the other things you have to do will always be there! but your babies won't always be babies - they grow so quickly!! oh and i just turned the april page on one of our calendars too!! HA!!! blessings and prayers to you!!

Michelle L. said...

I absolutely love this picture of Sophie looking up at you. I think it's adoreable...

Rachel Dominguez said...

What an awesome picture. You are so blessed!!!!!

Keep up the good work, you are doing amazing!

Katie Spinks said...

what a sweet picture - your literally super mom!!

Melanie said...

I love the picture! You know I have seen photos of moms wearing 2 slings at once...
And our dry erase calendar is still on May, too...I have to fill in the dates & activities for each month & about mid-May I actually considered changing it to May, but then decided I'd just wait for June! I think I might try to tackle that today! (Maybe!)

Susan said...

Your life may be crazy right now, but you look so wonderfully happy! Enjoy those babies! I miss mine being that small. It's hard to believe that my Sidney will be 8 in a few short weeks - I so remember her when she was Hudson's age (and Sophie's). Hang in there!

And I still have one calendar that is stuck on January! Glad I'm not going by that one.

Terri said...

You are doing great! It will get easier. Blessings!!!

Cheryl said...

I love how Sophie is looking up at you. Wonder what she is thinking ... she is so beautiful, looks just like her mom....hehehe

Hudson, is growing to fast. Got that little smile.

Father's Grace Ministries said...

What a beautiful blog! So glad Hudson is well now. I can relate about wanting an extra arm! We were blessed with twin boys last December, and I'm still trying to master the balancing act of caring for them, the house, and homeschooling our 2 girls. I need His grace daily. But life is good.
Claire

Mandy said...

That is the cutest pic ever of you with both babies... You truly do have your hands ful LOL!! What brand is your baby sling? I'm looking for one Seth is going thru a stage right now where that would really come in handy!! I just want one that is comfortable. I have a babyBjorn right now but I just don't really like it. I think I would prefer the sling. Thanks so much and have a great weekend!!

Jessica K. said...

I love the pics you have posted the last couple of days!! It looks like your family is adjusting so well to a newborn and another baby in the house! I am so happy for your family of six!!!

MiMi said...

I always thought it would have been helpful if God had us grow another arm during the 9 months we were carrying them! (-:

Looks like you are doing just fine, though! Keep up the good work!

CarolinaGirl said...

I know exactly how you feel! Keep up the good work Mommy!

{darlene} said...

girl. this is the HARDEST job ever. When you don't live up to your own expectations... forgive yourself. I am trying to do the same.
whew. I am tired just looking at that picture of you!!!