Thursday, December 18, 2008

Concert, Cookies, Class Party, and Crowds

That title about sums up what we have been up to lately. This is a busy post, but I wanted to make sure that I blogged about all our Christmas happenings this week, so bare with me!

Last Saturday and Sunday night, Corban sang in the Christmas concert at our church. The concert was beautiful-- full of wonderful music, drama, and singing.



On Monday afternoon, we were invited over to our sweet neighbors house for a cookie decorating party. The boys had a great time frosting, eating, decorating, and did I mention eating their yummy sugar cookies.

I had to wake Riley from his nap so we wouldn't be late for the party. He wasn't fully awake when I took this picture. Poor guy!
After a little sugar, he was ready to go!

Tuesday morning, I got to volunteer to help in Corban's class during their Christmas party.
We had such a fun time.

The kids had yummy doughnuts and fruit, rotated through several craft stations, and then ended with a Christmas Tree pinata.

I absolutely LOVE Corban's teacher. She is so sweet and has the patience of Job. Corban's class in general, is very sweet. He has made some wonderful little friends and it's great to see him enjoy his time at school.

Wednesday, Shane and I headed out to do some Christmas shopping. He has the entire week off of work this week and it's been so great having him home. My Mom and Grandma came over to babysit Sophie and Riley so we could shop until we dropped. We had not bought ONE Christmas present before yesterday, so we had a lot to accomplish. Would you believe we got it all done!?!? Every store we went in was super crowded, but we were able to still enjoy our time together and get everything we needed.

A busy and crazy week so far...but so much fun too!!!!!

5 comments:

Kristin said...

I am so impressed that you got all your Christmas shopping done in one day!!!!

Melanie said...

Yes, I agree with Kristin, it is amazing that you completely knocked out your Christmas shopping in one day! You must have had one great plan of attack!
Thanks for sharing your fun week, ours has been much the same!

Mary Ann said...

I just want you to know I really enjoy reading your blog. I have love seeing your new bundle of joy grow! She is just precious. All your kids are. We adopted 2 little girls from Guatemala so I love reading adoption blogs!We have 5 kids total. You can check us out at our blog http://theshrumfamilyadventures.blogspot.com/

I found your blog from a friend of mine who reads one of your friends blogs.

Mary Ann

Anonymous said...

We got to see Corban sing on Saturday night at Calvary!! We were in town very breifly and happened to go, and realized that was him singing! I tried to find you afterwards to say hello, but must have missed you! Hope you're doing well! Erin Corwin

Holly said...

how much fun...i love all the activities that come with this season.

btw, i sooo miss yard sales. i am dying without them down here. the cheapest hairbows i can find are $5/bow!!!