Monday, November 10, 2008

What a weekend!

This has been a wonderful, but very busy weekend! Saturday was Corban's last soccer game of the season! He had a great season and was very sad to see it end. He is already looking forward to next season. Shane did an awesome job as coach and really grew to love each child on the team! The team celebrated the end of the season at Bobcats arena on Sunday afternoon! More on the later...

Saturday afternoon Shane took Corban to an ALL-PRO'S- DAD and KID'S event at the Carolina Panthers training fields. During the three-hour event, dads and kids rotated through stations and participated in games. They met up with a few of our neighbors too and had a great time!

Also, on Saturday afternoon, Sophie and I were blessed by a few of my close friends from church with a baby shower! They did a diaper, wipes, and formula, shower! It was such a sweet time of fellowship! My life has truly been blessed by these women and I am so thankful for each one of them!!


Sophie and me with my sister B and her sweet baby Jake

Two peas in a pod

My friend Michelle made this AWESOME diaper cake!!

I hate that I didn't take very many pictures. That is SO... not like me.
My friend Sarah took some, so when I receive those, I'll be happy to share!
Thank you Celia and Sarah for a wonderful shower! I love and appreciate you both so much!!

Sunday afternoon, after church, we headed to Bobcats arena to celebrate with all of CHAMP Sports Ministry the end of a great season! Unfortunately, the Bobcats lost, but everyone still had a great time! After the game was over the kids got to go down to the court and try to shoot a basket in the goal! It was so much fun!!!
(Thanks mom for watching Sophie for us!)

Corban and his BFF Abby holding their trophies!





4 comments:

{darlene} said...

Wonderful pictures! It looks like you had a great time with the bball, and at the shower. I love the picture of Sophie and Jake!

Faith said...

Great pics! I like the one of y'all at the basketball game. And, Jake and Sophie are so cute!

Jen - Balancing Beauty and Bedlam said...

I found you through Riverside Scholars....she nominated you and said you announced a surprise. I love surprises! Congrats on your upcoming blessing. I am from NC as well and my hubby and sons have attended the All-Pro dads things as well. How neat! Gotta love our devoted hubbies. :)

Heather Wilson said...

You and Shane have a beautiful family. I am so happy God has blessed ya'll in the ways he has. I have never met you, however,I know Shane is a very good and caring person. He is my cousin,we grew up together. You have been truely blessed with your newest addition, girls are so much fun in a different way than boys. We have 2 boys and 1 girl. Our family has very blessed as well. Again, I just wanted to congradulate you and your family on the new addition and we wish you the best of luck. In Christ-- Heather Wilson