Friday, September 12, 2008

Apple Pickin'

Today, I took the boys apple picking at a local farm.

We met up with a few other home school families and enjoyed a wonderful, fun-filled day!!! (Thanks Kate for planning our outing! We had a BLAST!!!)

We started out the day with a tour of the farm.


They first took us to see several bee hives and we got to watch the bee's make honey. Very COOL!

Then we jumped on a hayride which took us to the apple orchards. We each picked a bag of apples (eating a few along the way)!

Corban and Riley had a great time finding the apples and then pulling them off the trees. After we picked our apples, we headed over to see some animals. We saw rabbits, chickens, goats, and three baby pigs that were absolutely adorable. We ended our time with a picnic lunch!

What a great day!
Now...I'm off to bake something yummy with all those apples!!

9 comments:

Susan said...

How fun! You guys always seem to do such great things. Enjoy your apples!

CarolinaGirl said...

You are such a great Mommy! They will remember those fun times for many years to come. Did you see the Panthers on Sunday!? WOW! Have a great weekend!

Kristin said...

What a fun day! I would love to go pick apples and then bake lots of yummy things! :)

These Are The Days said...

That looks like a great field trip. We have some friends who have offered to let us come to their farm, I will have to take them up on it. :)

Jennifer said...

I found your blog by way of Carolina Girl and Kelly's Korner! I browsed your site and LOVED your kitchen and your bargains! Thanks for sharing your lovely home.

Faith said...

What a neat thing to do! Looks like you guys had such a fun day. Enjoy your harvest!

Kristin said...

I tagged you on my blog...

Melanie said...

Hey Jenny! Where was this at? I'd love to take my little ones apple picking. Cute pictures.

4torock said...

I wanna hear what u ended up making!! We- so far- have made applesauce ( AND I even canned some at the beach!!- sooo not like me! lol) and apple crisp yummy!! take care and see ya next week :)