Friday, July 4, 2008

Nesting Fever

I really enjoy reading the blog called The Nesting Place.
If you are looking for some decorating inspiration, you must go check her blog out! She has the most fabulous ideas. I have really been inspired this week to "nest". We've lived in our house for almost one year now, and for the most part each room is "decorated". I still feel I'm missing those finishing touches that really make it look so nice though. So I decided I would begin to add those touches throughout my home. With a little inspiration from the nester, and my glue gun in hand, I decided to have some fun.
I just discovered the wonderful world of fringe and have gone crazy with it. I have used it before to complete pillows I have made, but never realized how truly versatile it can be. Hobby Lobby has there fringe on sale this week too!! The fringe for the kitchen was $3.27 a yard, and 30% off of that. Here's some of my latest projects...

I decided to start in the kitchen. I added fringe to all the valances.

I love the way they look now. It just added that finishing touch.

I had a little extra fringe left over so I added it to this lamp.

I couldn't resist getting this fringe too. It's just so pretty and dainty.

It goes perfectly on the curtains that I made for the nursery.
Gives them that finished look.

I have come to discover that everything looks better with a little fringe.

3 comments:

Faith said...

Oooh! I love what you did! It looks so great, the perfect finishing touch! Hey, did you know the Nester lives in our city? She sure does!

Holly said...

your house is beautiful! love the touch of fringe on things too!!

Pamela said...

I happened upon your blog today and I have to say that I just love the way you have "nested" your home! You have combined elegance along with liveable style which is so what I am trying to go for. I am a do it your self kinda gal and love your fringe ideas. I do not know why I did not think abt just hot gluing fringe on. I wonder the isles of Hobby Lobby aimlessly on a weekly basis and always look at the fringe. Now I know an easy way to use it!
The purpose of this comment is not only to say what a beautiful home you have...and children....but to ask you if you painted your kitchen chairs? I just love them and have a french country flair going on in my kitchen as well and theses chairs are just the greatest! If you did do them yourself could you please tell me how you put the chickens on them? Are they hand painted or some type of decal??