Tuesday, June 10, 2008

A great summer dessert!!!

I normally don’t make special desserts for just us. One of the reasons is because I’m the one who would end up eating most (ALL) of it! As I was reading Kelly’s Korner today, she blogged about this recipe for strawberry oeey gooey cake. I checked the recipe out and my mouth began to water. I decided that it looked too delicious not to make, so I jumped up from the computer and went to see if I had all the ingredients on hand. I did! Everything but the strawberry cake mix, but I had a white one, so I thought that would do just fine. (I also added blue berries to mine. The recipe only calls for strawberries). Let me tell you… I was not disappointed!!

This dessert is AWESOME!!!!! I wanted to forget dinner and just dive into this dessert.
It’s that good!

Even my husband, who is quite the critic, and not really a huge sweets fan, LOVED it!!!!!
He told me that this one was a real keeper!

4 comments:

Mandy said...

That looks so YUMMY!! So you just changed the cake mix and added blue berries? I'm thinking that would be great for Father's day..

Faith said...

Yummmmm!! Looks delish! And, I like the idea of adding blueberries! I'll have to try this one soon!

Kristin said...

Wow! That looks great :) I'm going to have to try that out!

Kelly said...

I'm glad you liked it! I don't make sweets for us either because we would eat a whole cake in a weekend. But I think I might make this again for us. I only saved us 2 pieces from the one I made but they were SOOOO good!