Thursday, May 22, 2008

I just started reading the book, “ What happens when women say Yes to God!” by Lysa Terkeurst. I am reading this for my neighborhood ladies Bible study. I LOVE Lysa Terkeurst, so it was no surprise that I am loving this book. This book is the new expansion of her previously titled book "Radically Obedient, Radically Blessed", which I loved.

Here are a few excerpts from her book that really convicted me and touched my heart…

“You see we have become so familiar with God yet so unaware of Him. We make the mysterious mundane. We construct careful reasons for our rules and sensible whys for our behavior. All the while our soul is longing for a richer experience-one that allows us to escape the limits of sight, sound, touch, taste, and smell and journey to a place of wild, wonder, and passion.

Women who say yes to God will see life like few others. They are drawn in and embraced by a love like no other. They don’t have to wait until the next time they’re in church to experience God because they sense God’s presence all around them, all through their day. Instead of merely walking through the motions of life, they pursue the adventure of the moment-by-moment divine lessons and appointments God has in store for them. They expect to see God, to hear from Him, and to be absolutely filled by His peace and joy-and, therefore, they do and they are!

God, I want to see You. God, I want to hear You. God, I want to know You. God, I want to follow hard after You. And even before I know what I will face today, I say yes to You!

No comments: