Friday, April 4, 2008

God Knows!

I wrote a few days ago about my miscarriages and the how hard it is knowing my due date for my last pregnancy that I lost is approaching. God has been so near to me as I walk through this difficult time of remembering. My friend Kristin emailed me this and told me that I should read it. I was so encouraged as I read her blog and realized there were other mommies who felt the same hurt I am experiencing. Then today, I was sent this little poem. As I read it my eyes were filled with tears as I was reminded that God truly knows my pain!

And God Said

I said, "God, I hurt." And God said, "I know."
I said, "God, I cry a lot." And God said, "That is why I gave you tears."
I said, "God, I am so depressed." And God said, "That is why I gave you Sunshine."
I said, "God, life is so hard." And God said, "That is why I gave you loved ones."
I said, "God, my child died." And God said, "So did mine."
I said, "God, it is such a loss." And God said, "I saw my son nailed to a cross."
I said, "God, but your son lives." And God said, "So does yours."
I said, "God, where are they now?" And God said, "Mine is on My right and Yours is in the Light."
I said, "God, it hurts." And God said, "I know."

"Those who sow in tears will reap with songs of joy."- Psalm 126:5

1 comment:

Erin Corwin said...

Hi Jenny! I emailed you last week, and it just today sent my message back. My heart breaks for you having to go through a 3rd miscarriage. I think it gets harder with each one. It is amazing to look back and see how God is there in those times though and I can only look back now and say I can see how God used our 3 miscarriages. It is so hard though. Let me know your email again, I must have an old one. I miss you!!!