Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Our weekend!

I haven't had a chance to blog very much over the past couple days. We had a very busy weekend. Friday night our church hosted a dinner for all the CHAMPS (our church's sports program) coaches and their wives as a way to kick off the season. Shane is coaching Corbans soccer team this season so he and I went. We had a wonderful time. I can't tell which one is more excited about the season, Shane or Corban =). We had our first game Saturday morning. Riley and I, along with my mom, sister, and grandparents were all there to cheer our team on!! All Corban's games are played on Saturday morning at 9:00. Corban is playing in the 4 yr old, instructional league. They don't have practices during the week yet, but they practice for about 30 minutes before their game on Saturday. The one thing I LOVE about CHAMPS is that it is so Christ-centered. They have "Bible huddle time" during their practice where the coaches have the opportunity to lead a devotional. They also pray for each other. The focus is not on winning, but on doing your best and honoring Jesus Christ in all you do- even sports! I am looking forward to a GREAT season!!!!
BTW... Corban scored 3 goals during the game!!! He was so excited!
My camera was not cooperating with me, so I was unable to get any pictures. I hope to take some on Saturday and I'll post them later.
After the game I had to stay at church and get things ready for Sunday. I work part-time at our church as a Preschool Sunday School Coordinator. My mom and I share this position which is so great!!! Anyway, we stayed and got everything set up for Sunday School the next morning.
Saturday evening we had friends over for dinner. We had a great time!
Sunday was a busy day too! It was Palm Sunday and my mom and I coordinated a "Hosanna Parade" for the preschoolers. My wonderful husband dressed up like Jesus. Corban and my sisters dressed up as the disciples. Palm branches were handed out to all the children and they waved then as "Jesus" and "the disciples" made their way up and down the halls. It was so much fun and I think the kids had a great time seeing a Bible story come to life.
Tonight (Tuesday) we have our home visit for our home study. We are almost done with our homestudy!! Please pray that all goes well tonight!

No comments: