Friday, August 26, 2011

Sophia the Ballerina!

Today I watched as my little girl DANCED!
Sophie has been anticipating the beginning of ballet for weeks now. She knew I signed her up and seriously COULD NOT WAIT to attend her first class. Last week, during a trip to T@rget, she picked out her PINK leotard, PINK tights, and PINK ballet slippers! I think since then she's gone to bed every night wearing her ballet slippers!! 
This morning, during breakfast, I announced that today was THE day!!! 
Today was ballet. 
This sweet girl bolted up stairs, grabbed her pink leotard off her shelf and found her tights in her drawer. She didn't need to worry about her slippers because, of course, she already had those on;) 
We got dressed and I pulled her hair up in a sweet little bun.
 Then it was off to class!
Her room was filled with the sweetest, tiniest, daintiest group of little ballerina's I had ever seen!  
It was a sea of BIG pink hair bows and precious pink tutu's!  
I sat back and watched in pure delight as my little girl spun, bounced, twirled, and wiggled her way around that room!
Miss Nicolette--Sophie's oh-so-kind and oh-so-patient ballet teacher!
After class, Sophie came running up to me and said... "I was a good listener mom! I obeyed my teacher like you said!!!" 
She was RIGHT! She DID do a great job and I was very impressed with the way she listened and followed directions! 
(Not always something that comes easy for her to do at times, but we're working on it! )
And because she did do so... well, we celebrated over a  Pink Sprinkled Doughnut! 
A perfect treat for our sweet little princess:)


18 comments:

Kristin said...

How cute!! And, oh my word...that picture of all the little ballerinas dancing is adorable!!

Bethany said...

This is just precious! I studied ballet for years growing up so this brings back so many memories. Best of luck as your new dancing develops her ballet skills!

Terri said...

So sweet!!! I love her grin... it is just priceless. I know you are lovin all the girly-girl time together. How fun!! Blessings!

BRANDY said...

SO SWEET!!! You enjoy that sweet little girl...what an amazing blessing!

Sarah said...

my heart is so happy looking at these pics. isn't this just a taste of what you've been dreaming of?! so happy that your darling girl had a fun first day of lessons.

Courtney said...

Oh my goodness these pictures are just full of pink sweetness. It is so wonderful that she is so excited and I can see her mama is too.

Meg said...

Bless her sweet pink heart!! What a beauty!!

Samuel Abraham said...

I love reading all your post but this one takes the cake! How precious! Your children are going to have the best memories of their childhood.

Jessica said...

So adorable! She looks like a precious ballerina!

Katie said...

You've had a BIG week! Your kids are beautiful! Love all the pink. ; )

Brian & Ashley said...

She is so cute!!! What a fun day!

Melanie said...

Love.love.LOVE all these pictures of sweet Sophie in her ballet class! She is definitely one prima ballerina!!!

Lexie Loo, Lily, Liam & Dylan Too said...

She looked adorable and SO excited!

April said...

This post was full of preciousness!! Thanks for sharing! Can't wait to take our sweet Sophie to ballet :)

Brittany and Charlie-Social Butterfly said...

SO CUTE! I love it:)

Faith said...

That is one super cute ballerina! I just love that huge grin on her face =)

Trudy said...

Our little three year old was fascinated with Sophie's ballet pictures. You inspired us to look into a class. Love the pink sprinkled treat at the end. Definitely pretty in pink!

Jen said...

Oh, for stinkin' CUTE!!! I just love little ballerinas like this. They are SO adorable and how can you NOT smile at their ferocious little attitudes to be a BALLERINA!!! : ) hahaha! Thanks for sharing Sophie's special day with us! I feel like the 5th picture you posted shows her pure EXCITEMENT of being there. Great! The whole experience reminded me of this youTube video that I posted on my blog one time. It's titled, "The Tragedy of First Position." Oh, it still makes me laugh and laugh when I watch it!! haha! :) I'll post the YouTube link here if you want to watch it. SO CUTE! Thanks for sharing the fun with us! :)

Here's the YouTube link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=tdylQeg5B9I