Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Another First...

 This week has been a little CRAZY! With many of our fall activities beginning, we are working hard to find our groove. It always takes me a while to transition from our lazy summer days of NO schedule, to our kick-things-into-high-gear fall schedule! We'll get it, but it just takes time! 
And speaking of transitions...one of the biggest transitions EVER took place this week! 
My sweet Riley started Kindergarten!
 Can you believe it? Kindergarten???? Tuesday was his very first day and he was VERY excited. 
 I think after three years of visiting Corban at school, he seriously could.not.wait to join him! 
He woke me up around 2am on Tuesday morning, wanting to know how many more minutes he had left until school began;)
Bless his heart!
Thankfully, he went back to sleep for a few more hours, but when the alarm did finally sound...
 Riley was up, dressed and ready to go in less than three minutes;)
That's a definite record and I'm SURE that by next week I'll be begging him to get out of bed;)
Like Corban, Riley requested homemade cinnamon rolls for his "back to school" breakfast! 
He gobbled them up in no time flat and was encouraging everyone else to hurry up and finish too!
 Soon we were all heading out the door and on our way to the start of my Ri's big day!
 His teacher is just as sweet as sweet can be...
and I know Riley LOVES her already!!!

And the verse Shane and I chose for Riley this year is...
Colossians 3:17
And whatever you do, whether in speech or action, do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father!
It's gonna be a GREAT year and I can't wait to see what the Lord has in store for my precious little man!

13 comments:

Melanie said...

Oh.my.heart! These pictures are TOO cute! What a big day for Riley & for YOU! What a precious Kindergartener & I know he is going to have a fantastic year!! I love his enthusiasm & the waking up at 2 am is priceless!

Robinsonfam said...

We go to church with Riley's teacher, she also lives in our neighborhood! Her husband and my husband are good friends! Looks like Riley was more than ready to be a big Kindergartener!

Kristin said...

Wow! I can't believe he's in kindergarten! Looks like he is going to have an awesome year :)

Love Being A Nonny said...

He is a DOLL....and I love his madras shorts!

Unknown said...

Awesome day for Riley!! I can't believe he got up at 2 - you're right about next week! Hope he has a wonderful year in K!

Susan said...

Oh Jenny, he looks so adorable heading off to Kindergarten. Can you believe our boys are old enough to go? I still have a picture of them from one of our MOPS Leader retreats laying on the blanket looking at each other. They are getting so big! I hope Riley has a WONDERFUL year at school!

Brittany and Charlie-Social Butterfly said...

big milestone! So cute:)

Nicole said...

You have such a gorgeous family!

Brian & Ashley said...

He's such a cutie! Glad he had a great day!

Terri said...

PRECIOUS!!!!!!!! I can't believe he is getting so big!! I still think of him on the sidelines at soccer at 3... Looks like he is going to have a GREAT year!! {This re-entry into fall and schedules is a big adjustment, for sure!} Blessings!

Christina Cadden said...

Such a beautiful family you have!

Lexie Loo, Lily, Liam & Dylan Too said...

He is so darn cute! I hope he has a great year!

Sweat Is My Sanity said...

I'm playing catch up since I took such a long blog break. He's the cutest, how adorable he woke at 2. I love how you and your husband choose a scripture for them each year!