Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Worth thinking about...

This was forwarded to me from one of the pastor’s wives at our church. I thought it was worth putting it up on my blog. I hope it encourages you as much as it did me!!


Do you ever have days when nothing goes right? When everything you do or touch ends up being a total failure? Days when you feel like crawling back in to the bed and starting over?

The times I experience "these days" are when my days are focused on ME! Constant complaining that I'm not good at this, or I don't look good in that, or I wish I were like her, or that my hair could look like so-and-so....ever feel like that?

After my bible study yesterday, I opened the book to my devotional and there it was. It slapped me in the face...

I've found that when I'm down, a door opens to my mind and I begin thinking down too. It's the perfect opportunity for Satan to step in and do some damage. It begins with the "I'm nots."

I'm not as good of a mother as so-and-so...I'm not very dependable...I'm not on time...I'm not as good of a cook as my family deserves...I'm not a good friend...I'm not as good at speaking or singing as so-and-so...I'm not a good homemaker...I'm not doing enough at church. I'm not as thin as I should be...I'm not organized...

We even bring our family into our depressing thoughts...

My kids are not turning out the way I imagined. My husband is not in tune with my feelings...my friends are not interested in me....

Thankfully, I am not defined by what I'm not. The "I'm nots" of life aren't true. They are lies that the enemy wants me to believe.

For every "I'm not" Satan plants in my head, God says, "I Am." What I'm not, He is.

I Am the unconditional love you are able to give your kids. I Am your Redeemer. I forgive you; forgive yourself. I Am your provider. I Am there for your friends. You aren't supposed to fix everyone. I Am living in you; therefore, you have great things to say and write. I Am your audience, not the world. The hole that your husband, kids, and friends can't fill in your heart, I can. I Am your Creator. Love the body you were given and take care of it.

Satan's attacks may be strong, but God is stronger. He is always here for us..."I will never leave you nor forsake you".

The next time you find yourself thinking of all you are not, remember all that God is. He is the great I Am. He loves you dearly.

No comments: