Thursday, May 15, 2014

Mother's Day, 2014

  Growing up, all I ever wanted to be was a wife and MOMMY! The Lord has certainly answered my prayers and granted me the deepest desires of my heart. He has blessed me beyond my wildest dreams, and I am forever grateful. What gifts the Lord has entrusted to me and I am so BLESSED to call this little crew mine!!! 
Mother's Day was such a sweet and special day. 
  I was greeted Sunday morning by five very excited kiddo's.
They all wished me a "Happy Mother's Day", and I received some very sweet, hand-made cards, gifts, and lots and lots of hugs and kisses.
(Of course, Shane spoiled me too!)
 I feel incredibly blessed to be the mom of these precious ones.
But even as I was celebrated, my mind and heart were with two amazing and brave women who lovingly and sacrificially gave these two precious girls life. One I have the privilege of knowing and calling friend, the other I unfortunately will probably never meet. The Lord brought these two girls into my life and I am changed and forever grateful. I am so humbled that the Lord chose me to be the one they call "mommy"!
 Sunday evening we celebrated Mother's day over at my parents house. We kept things low key (for my mom's sake) and enjoyed pizza for dinner and then a swim afterwards.
I am so blessed to have such an amazing, supportive, and loving mom. 
 She has invested so much into each one of her six kids, and still continues to do so. 
 She is interested and involved in each one of our lives and the lives of each of her (8 soon to be 9) grandchildren.
She truly is remarkable and I am thankful every day for the gift of her friendship;)





No comments: