Tuesday, December 10, 2013

"Experiencing" Christmas

Saturday afternoon, I attended the annual ladies Christmas tea at our church. 
This is hands down,  MY most favorite event of the entire season. Christmas just wouldn't be complete without it! A quiet afternoon, sipping hot tea with my favorite girls, while surrounded by Christmas elegance...yup it's the ABSOLUTE BEST!
This year, I was blessed to have the company of my sisters, mom, grandma, my grandma's friend and aunt there with me!
I always leave feeling refreshed, reminded, and READY to celebrate the birth of MY Savior!!! 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Saturday evening, we took a step back in time and went for a visit to the little town where our beloved Savior was born! 
We headed to "Bethlehem"!
A church just up the road from us was hosting a "walk through Bethlehem" and our family couldn't wait to go! Some of our sweet neighbors were characters in the drama and my kids were so excited to see them there! The entire congregation did an AWESOME job recreating a piece of history for all of us to see and enjoy. We truly felt transported back to Bethlehem, as it was during the time of Jesus' birth! 
It was made complete with Roman soldiers, a lively marketplace, a temple of worship, smelly animals, and beautiful singing angels!

Read more here: http://events.charlotteobserver.com/matthews_nc/events/show/289008605-walk-through-bethlehem#storylink=cpy

 As we followed "the Star", we were lead to a stable where we found Mary, Joseph and sweet baby Jesus! (And YES, that's a REAL baby there!!!)
 What a blessing it was to see this amazing time of history come to life before our very eyes. My kids LOVED every minute of it and I know it helped them understand the story of the birth of our Savior that much more! 



Read more here: http://events.charlotteobserver.com/matthews_nc/events/show/289008605-walk-through-bethlehem#storylink=cpy


4 comments:

Bethany said...

I love the tea too! Such a fun afternoon out! We also did a walk through Bethlehem! It was just like the one you went to. We love going each year! Such fun!

Courtney said...

What a fun Saturday!

Lexie Loo, Lily, Liam & Dylan Too said...

What a great event! I wish we had something like that here!

Kimberly said...

can you tell me where you got your scarf in your header picture?