Saturday, December 21, 2013

A "Christmas" Marathon Weekend!

So once again, I'm a little behind with my blogging.
This week has absolutely flown by and here it is the weekend again!  I'm left trying to catch my breath and figure out how in the world do I make time slow down!!!
I cannot believe Christmas is just four days away!!
 Seriously....FOUR days!!!!!
I'm going to blink, December will be OVER and we'll be ringing in a new year soon!
AMAZING!
This month has been so FULL of nothing but Christmas fun.  It's been a tad crazy at times, but December only comes once a year, right?!? And...we have SO many reasons to celebrate!
It truly is the most wonderful time of the ENTIRE year!!!
And speaking of reasons to celebrate, Jesus' birthday is definitely number ONE on the list!
 Last Friday, my sweet sister B, hosted a birthday party for Jesus! 
She did an amazing job and we all had the best time celebrating together!
 Our morning was full of stories, crafts, snacks, games, and of course...birthday cake!

After the party was over, I raced home, packed my bags and got ready to head out of town.

 My two sweet friends (Stacy & Tracy), and I were headed to Kiawah Island, S.C. (just outside of Charleston) to run the marathon there. 
I was so excited to get out of town for a bit AND to run this race with my two incredible running partners. These girls motivate me, encourage me, and inspire me like no one else. They get up at 4:30 am several days a week and wait for me at the end of my driveway so we can do our training runs together.
They are AWESOME and I am sooo thankful for them!!!

This was my fourth marathon, and because our training went so well,  I had high hopes for getting a P R on this race. Unfortunately that didn't happen as I finished it in 4 hours and 35 minutes. I was really hoping to do it in under a 4:20. Oh well.
 I'm just thankful I was able to FINISH strong, for my health that allows me to do a race like this and for time spent with AMAZING friends. 
I am certainly BLESSED!!!!
Sunday morning, we got up super-duper early and made the four hour trek back home. I had to be back first thing Sunday morning in order to direct the preschool choir in our church's Christmas concert. 
We had two concerts on Sunday--one in the morning and one that same evening!
Corban, Riley, Sophie and Hudson were all participating this year, AND believe it or not, Addy-Kate will be in that line up next year;)
 Everyone did such a fabulous job and I was sooooo proud of them. The concert was absolutely AMAZING and I was blessed as I listened to each song.

Whew! 
What a busy December weekend, but one I will look back on and cherish. 
The days were so full, but the memories were SWEET!!


1 comment:

Melanie said...

It sure was one jam-packed weekend, but you literally took it all in stride!! Great job on the race.period!!! And wonderful job directing the children's choir, they were just so cute!! And B's birthday party for Jesus just looks too sweet!!