Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Under the weather

This last week has been quite the BUMMER around here! We've been battling our fair share of germs, and BOY... at this point I'm not really sure who is winning. I know it's just that time of year and there is lots of yucky-ness going around, but MAN...this mamma is ready for everyone to feel well again.  I'm hoping and praying that we are getting all this ICK out of our systems NOW--before the busyness of the holidays hit. That's when it really STINKS to be sick!
Today, the little ones and I spent the morning at the doctors.
After an hour and a half there, the final diagnosis was...
Two with strep.
Same two also have DOUBLE ear infections. 
 One has a ruptured ear drum, and one needed three (catch-up) shots.
UGH!
What a day, huh?
On the flip side, I'm beyond grateful for kind doctors, patient nurses...and strong antibiotics.
Hopefully tomorrow my crew will start feeling better and we can get back to our regular schedule program.
As for tonight though, I'm just hanging out on the couch (again), reading Curious George (for the umpteenth time), and snuggling with my little ones:)



5 comments:

The Striving Homeschool Mom said...

Aww!! Jenny I'm sorry your little ones are under the weather! Tis' the season as my momma always said!! Praying everyone feels better soon!
Blessings,
Stacey

Lexie Loo, Lily, Liam & Dylan Too said...

Oh my goodness! I hope everybody feels better soon!

Sweat Is My Sanity said...

Sorry you're playing nurse this week to your sweet littles. I wish I lived closer so I could pitch in. Sophia's sick again too. She gets sick every 1 1/2 months (ever since she was born), sore throat and MAJOR congestion. It's sad, and scary at times. I am going to get more agressive in figuring out what the heck causes it. I've been completely frustrated and unsatisfied with all the doctors we've dealt with so far. If only they had to see her w/ fevers and such so often. Good luck!!

Melanie said...

Praying for you guys! It is so hard when they are sick!! The extra snuggles can be sweet, but they come with a hefty price tag. Praying for health & strength. Please do let us know if you need anything!
Oh, but those are the cutest lil' (under-the-weather) turkeys that I've ever seen!

Celia Jimenez said...

So sorry everyone is so sick...hope the medicine kicks in and everyone gets to feeling better! AND that you escape without a sniffle yourself!