Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Valentines Fun (take 2)

 On Monday morning, the babies  and I hosted a "cousins" Valentine party. My sister-in-law Sallie, and my sister B, each brought their kids over for a morning of LOVE and FUN! Of course, Sophie and Hudson couldn't wait for everyone to arrive and they spent the entire hour before the party staring out the front window.
Once everyone arrived, Sophie and Hudson greeted them with GREAT big bear hugs, and then led them into the kitchen where they could begin working on their crafts.
Coffee filter butterflies...
 and paper plate heart wreaths kept their little hands busy for a while.


Before long,  it was time for our "Valentiney" lunch...

and dessert;)

As soon as they were finished with lunch, they were off and running around and playing.
Playing trumps eating ANY day when cousins are around;)

Soon it was time to exchange their little Valentines.
What a fun morning it was--spent with the ones we LOVE most;)

And since this post is already all about Valentines, I'm going to go ahead and post pictures from our February 14th.

Here are my two (still very sleepy) valentines, enjoying their cinnamon roll heart breakfast before school.

And here are my two littlest loves--before we headed out the door for Bible Study on Tuesday morning.
When Shane arrived home from work that evening, he had with him a single pink rose for his Sophie girl. 
She was over the moon---to say the least!!!
That girl LOVES her daddy more than anything in this world...and I'd say the feeling is mutual;)
Oh, and don't think Shane forgot about this girl on V-day.
 Bless his sweet heart...but Valentines Day for Shane is two-fold. Not only does he have to celebrate the day of love, but it's my birthday as well. 
Chocolates, a beautiful card, and a new Garmin running watch were my birthday/valentine treats from my man;)
And would you take a look at all those sweets in the picture above. Oh my heavens...those were ALL my birthday/valentine gifts brought over from some very precious friends. Yes...I am one blessed girl:)
Valentines Dinner wasn't spent eating at a fancy restaurant.
 It was a simple and quiet one spent at home with the people I love and adore. 

Oh, and my gift to Shane...was this silly Valentine shirt I purchased from etsy a few weeks ago. 
He liked it;)
I really DO love my husband;)





5 comments:

Melissa said...

I love all of the sweet things you do with/for your kids to make holidays and "everydays" so special! I used your idea from a few years ago to help my boys make a heart garland and it's now one of my fav decorations. Happy Birthday/Valentine's Day to you and yours!

Meg said...

You are seriously the cutest! You are so creative, you totally should have been an elementary school teacher!! And seriously, how do you always look so lovely in all of your pics?! Totally jealous! :)

Melanie said...

Lots of wonderful LOVE! This post is beautiful & that last photo of you & Shane is wonderful! I'm so glad that you guys had a great Valentine's Day & birthday for you!! We also did a simple dinner of spaghetti, but I didn't serve it nearly as fancy as you! Love that idea!! And super sweet that Shane brought that rose for Sophie, precious! Glad you had a great day, dear friend!!

Lexie Loo, Lily, Liam & Dylan Too said...

Wonderful pictures, and lots of fun! You are so blessed!

Celia Jimenez said...

I agree with Mel...beautiful pics of you guys! Love the shirt! Glad you had a great day...and I hope you had a wonderful birthday. Know you are loved and treasured, my friend!!!