Sunday, August 21, 2011

Whirlwind Weekend!

We have had ONE wonderful/BUSY weekend over here. I guess it's just a sign of the things to come though. As hard as it is--- it's time to say "Goodbye" to our lazy days of summer and "Hello" to the FALL MADNESS!!!!

Rewind to Friday...
Since the temps for the day were somewhat cooler than what they had been earlier in the week, we decided to spend our day at Carowinds.
It's so much easier to go when I have an extra set of hands, so I convinced my sister Al to join us for the day too!
Every year we debate on whether or not to get season passes. 
This was the LAST year though that the babies could get in for free (2 and under), so our decision was made a little easier. Next year, when all six of us need passes, I'm not sure what we'll do. 
Anyway, we have definitely gotten our money's worth out of these passes. I think the kids and I have visited the park at least eight times (so far) this summer! 
We LOVE Carowinds!

After being gone ALL week, Friday also brought Shane home to us! 
He arrived just in time to jump out of his car, into his white jersey, and then off to play in his championship softball game! 
Our white team was playing the undefeated black team! 
It was a "nail bitter"of a game, but unfortunately for us black won! 
Our team definitely made black work to keep their undefeated status though. 
The final score was 12-13. 
Great game guys!!!
 Apparently, I was so enthralled in the game that I wasn't watching my kids as they cover themselves in dirt. 
From the top of their heads to the bottom of their toes (and EVERY nook and cranny in between) was COVERED in red clay!
We literally had to shower the kids off FIRST, before we could even put them in the tub for a bath that night!
They were THAT dirty!!!!

On to Saturday...
Saturday morning dawned bright and early for me. My alarm sounded at 4:30am. and a little before 5:00am I was outside meeting my running partners.
We completed week 7 (out of 18 weeks) of marathon training by doing a 14 miler on Saturday.
 We are training for the Savannah Rock N' Roll Marathon in early November. 
 I am so blessed to have these wonderful ladies to run with several times a week.
Having friends to run with not only makes long runs bearable, but actually enjoyable!!!
We had a GREAT run and by 7:30am I was back home. My house was still surprisingly quiet. I arrived home just in time to kiss Shane goodbye as he headed out the door for a meeting at church.

During our run that morning, one of my friends mentioned that Saturday was pajama day at chic-fil-@.
 They were serving FREE breakfast to anyone who showed up dressed in their pj's!
How fun-right!?!?After a really quick shower, I woke the kids up, threw them in the car and then headed out the door to claim our free breakfast! 
The kids were so excited and couldn't believe that mom 
was seriously letting them go out to eat in their pj's!! 
We ran into several of our neighbors there too and EVERYONE looked 
so cute dressed in their comfy pj's.
After breakfast we headed home, changed into some play clothes and then headed to our friends/ neighbors house for a play date. 
The kids played for a while and before long it was time for lunch!
We enjoyed a picnic lunch and soon after that headed back home for naps!

Saturday evening, my sweet brother came over to watch the babies while Shane and I took the big boys to a Knights baseball game! 
We met several other families from Corban's Sunday School class there,
and enjoyed a night of fun and fellowship!! 
We indulged in the perfect "baseball" dinner of hot dogs and cracker jacks;) 
The boys were really into the game and had a BLAST with their friends!

Sunday...
Sunday morning dawned and once again we were up and out the door. This time it was off to church. It wasn't just ANY ole' church day though, this was PROMOTION Sunday!
And for the first time in like eight years, we didn't have anyone to drop off on the nursery hall. 
My babies are growing up (sniff, sniff) and have finally graduated onto the Preschool hall! 
CRAZY huh?!?!?! 
 Promotion Sunday is always a whirl-wind-like day at church, and lots of help is needed in order to make sure things run as smoothly as possible. 
Shane and I were in Sophie and Hudson's room for the day and enjoyed getting to know this sweet new class!
 Both Riley and Corban loved their new classes as well. 
Change is always hard, but both our boys were thrilled with their new teachers and the opportunity to 
make new friends! 
 
After a full morning at church it was home for lunch and naps! 

And even though our busy weekend has come to an end, it isn't looking like things will settle down for us any time soon. With a new school year upon us, church activities beginning, and another soccer season about to start, we are kicking things into high gear around here.
So ready or not...here we go..................

6 comments:

Melanie said...

Whoo-hooo for wonderful, wild, crazy weekends! What fun!! Drew had SO much fun in the big 2s class this morning! Thanks, guys, for all that you do!! A wonderful back-to-school week for Cor & Ri!!

Bethany @ Our 4 Sons Plus 1...Super Cute Girly Girl said...

I hear ya, friend! But I wouldn't have it any other way! You still owe me an email(totally smiling here)...now we have to talk running, too! You're inspiring me! =)

Sarah Grace said...

I'm a lurker- had to come out and comment-
I just registered for the Savannah rock & roll (half) marathon! good luck with your training! it's coming up so soon... :)

Brittany and Charlie-Social Butterfly said...

So lucky to have some cooler weather. Looks like you guys are having fun!!

Lexie Loo, Lily, Liam & Dylan Too said...

Wow, you were busy! It looks like a fantastic one, though!

Anonymous said...

So you really inspire me to start running. If you can find time to do it with 4 kiddos and still have time to do other things, then surely I can find time. Do you have a schedule that you go by to build up to the miles every week?