Thursday, January 21, 2010

Mama said there'd be days (& nights) like this...

My sweet husband has been working really long hours lately.
Last night he work even later than usual.
Shane rides the bus to and from work each day. During normal business hours the bus drops off and picks up right in front of Shane's office building. When he works late though, he has to walk several blocks to the bus station and catch a bus there. Unfortunately, the station isn't the safest place to be really late at night. I worry about him walking to the station and I don't sleep well until he arrives home--safe and sound!
Last night he didn't get home until after 12:45 am.

Then from about 2:00am on, both Riley and Hudson took turns waking up. Both boys were sick.
I spent the wee hours of the morning caring for my two feverish little guys:(
Poor babies!
I think I maybe got about three and a half hours of sleep last night.
Sophie isn't feeling well either, but thankfully she was able to sleep through the night.

Well, today was a pajama day.
After I got Shane and Corban out the door, I spent the rest of my day (in my pj's)
snugglin' and rockin' my sick babies.

You can't tell because of that sweet grin, but this little guy was not feelin' himself today!

ADORE this guy!
He is the BEST snuggler (if that's a word!?!) when he's not feelin' well!

and this little girl is still the diva---even when sick--ha!
(Check out those pearls---LOVE it!!!!!!!!!!)

Because everyone was feeling rather sour here,
Riley and I thought it would be fun to make something sweet--
in hopes of cheering everyone up!

So we made these yummy M&M Oat Bars !

I found this recipe in my Taste of Home cookbook
LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this cook book!!! It's my all time fav!!!

Speaking of cooking...
One of my goals this year was to try and make one or two new recipes each week. I have kind of felt like I was "stuck in a rut" as far as meal planning goes. So this year my goal is to seek out some new, easy, (family friendly) recipes to try.
I thought it would be fun to try them, and then if they are a hit at my house, I will share on my blog.
Tonight we had Turkey Tettrazini (another Taste of Home recipe).

I've made chicken tettrazini before, but this recipe was a little different variation than the traditional one I have used.
I have to say it was really good.
And the best part was ALL my kids gobbled it up.
You know you have a winner when that happens!

Please say a prayer that all my kids will feel better tomorrow.
If not--- I guess we will be spending our day at the Dr.'s!!--ugh!






14 comments:

Terri said...

Oh, bless all your hearts!!!!!!!!!!! That is hard when daddy has to work late... even harder with sick kiddos. I will be praying for you all, and especially for sweet rest tonight. Blessings!!!!

Laurie said...

You have a beautiful family! I love your blog!

Lexie Loo, Lily, Liam & Dylan Too said...

I hope your kiddos feel better soon!

"salembrookie" said...

Ah, Jenny, not fun! But, yes, snuggler is most definitely a word, and I'm glad that you had a snuggle day. =)

Susan said...

Oh Jenny! I hope they all feel better soon. We're in the same boat as you are. I'll be spending today at home with all 3 of mine. Both the girls have fevers (and I'm just going to keep davis home so i don't have to go out). I hope that you, Shane and Corban are spared - Todd and I have both had it and it's no fun!

Those oat bars look so yummy!

These Are The Days said...

First off...Miss Sophie is too cute. Second, I am trying a new recipe each week too. I share it on Monday mornings. It's been good because posting it makes me accountable. Also, my sis bought me that cook book for Christmas. She loves it too. Now I've got to try it. Have a fun Friday!

Sarah said...

sweet jenny! so sorry to hear your little ones aren't feeling well... that makes for long days, i know. hang in there friend! you are loved.

Kristin said...

Wow! That's is quite a day!! Hope everyone is feeling better!!

Little Miss Diva is just adorable!! :)

Melanie said...

SO sorry you guys have had a rough week! Praying for everyone to be healthy and for you to get lots of rest!
Little Sophie-girl is adorable in her pearls! Such a cutie!
Both of those recipes look wonderful, thanks for sharing! You are such a good mom to bake on a "sick" day, I get far too lazy!

Shannon said...

I hope that your children are feeling better now. The M&Ms brownies HAVE to help! :)

Are your younger two children only 7 months apart? just curious...

Found your blog from Kelly's Korner.

Happy Friday...

Kelly said...

Poor little sweeties!! Hope they feel better soon! Sophie looks amazing tho..soo cute :)

C'est Moi! said...

I hope your family will be on the mend soon-and I hope you don't get it! It's hard when Mom gets sick. Sophie's pearls are delightful-never too young to learn how to accessorize, I say! Looking forward to the recipes. Last summer it dawned on me that we are in the "eat you of out of house and home" phase (my sons are 15 and almost 13). So I'm always on the lookout for healthy, tasty, economical meals. Your blog is always uplifting-bless you!

Brittany and Charlie-Social Butterfly said...

Hope everyone starts feeling well soon!

Erin said...

sounds like my friday! we never made it out of our pjs and my one dog was sick too! thankfully i was able to catch up on sleep last night--hope you all are feeling better!