Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Great times---Great Memories

We all had such a sweet and special time with my grandparents from Michigan! We were so sad to have to say goodbye! We will miss them so...much!!!

My Grandparents have a total of 19 grandchildren
and 13 great-grandchildren-- (as of right now)!!
My Grandpa said it best...
"Some people are rich in money, but I'm rich in family!"

The past few days have been filled with lots of fun and the makings of good memories!

Saturday night, we headed to the Promenade ( a local shopping center) for their music on the green. They host this event all summer long on both Friday and Saturday nights.
Most Saturday evenings you will find our family hanging out there.

It was special to have my grandparents join us for the evening!

A clown was there to make fun balloon hats for all the kids.

Riley and Corban sporting their crazy hats!

Of course, Corban picked out Carolina Panthers colors for his hat!

Sophie and my sister Al enjoying the night!

Sunday, after church we headed over to my parents house for a cookout and to say good bye to my grandparents!

My sister B and my nephew Jake with Riley and me!

We had a wonderful visit and hopefully gave my grandparents a good ole taste
of some southern hospitality!

We sure do hope they decide to head south again soon!


6 comments:

Terri said...

What a blessing!!! Gil's parents just left this morning after a one-week visit. It is so nice when far-away family can come to stay. I am glad you had such a nice time with your grandparents and that could meet their newest grandchildren! Blessings!!!

Caroline said...

Do you live in Bemtonville? My parents live there. We are coming for a visit over Labor Day, I will suggest the Promenade on Saturday, it looks like fun.
I love Sophie's dress in the picture where you are feeding her. Did you make it?
Look like your grandparents had a great visit.

Kim said...

What a blessing family is! Scott's parents left this morning to head back to Florida after vacationing all summer (ah, the life of retirement). They stayed only one night but we love when they come visit.
We have gone to the Promenade three Saturday nights this summer. We love it.

Brittany and Charlie-Social Butterfly said...

So nice to have them in your lives and they get to see all there grandchildren. I love seeing my parents with Savi...brings me such happiness to see them love on her:)

Mary Ann said...

Wow! How wonderful to get to spend that time with your grandparents! Looks like you all have been having a great time!

Cheryl said...

Memories of Grandparents are the greatest. Sounds like you had a wonderful time. Pray they have a safe trip home.