I have also been collecting and trying some different crock pot recipes too! I LOVE my crock pot!!! Makes dinner a breeze!!!
I really enjoy when others blog about a new recipe they found. I know they tried it, and it was worth passing along. I have come across some GREAT recipes this way that my family has loved!
Last night I made White Chicken Chili (in the crock pot)... it was delicious!
- 1 lb chicken, cut up into small chunks (I like to use boneless breasts for their "ease" and lower fat content)
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (or the equivalent) chicken broth
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped finely
- 2 tsp Cumin seed (ground will not withstand long cooking as well)
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano leaves
- 3 -15oz cans white beans (great northern or cannellini), drained and rinsed
- 1 or 2 chopped red, green or yellow bell peppers, or combination
- jalapeno chili peppers, fresh, jarred or canned, optional or 'to taste' (depending on how much heat you like!) I left these out, but I'm sure they would make it have a little more bite!!!
Let cook awhile on low (approx. 3-5 hours, depending on your schedule)
Add drained beans.
Now here is the important part if you don't want mushy chili.. Add the bell peppers and jalapeno peppers (if using) no earlier than the last hour or hour and a half before serving.Top each serving with shredded Monterrey jack cheese and or broken tortilla chips if desired.