Saturday, February 16, 2008

Best Valentines/Birthday Ever!!!

What I thought was supposed to be a pretty ordinary Friday turned out completely different. My day began with Shane announcing to me that he had made me an appointment at the Ballantyne Spa for a day of rest and relaxation. He dropped me off and told me I would have to wait to see what would happen after my day at the spa was finished. I received the total treatment-facial, manicure, pedicure, and a Swedish massage!!!! As I was having my manicure one of the girls working there came in and told me that after I was finished with all my treatments a car would be waiting for me outside. It would take me to the Ballantyne Lodge( a few blocks away from the resort) where we would be spending the night!!!!! She handed me a room key. After I finished at the spa I was taken to the lodge where the room was decorated with rose petals, chocolate, and sparkling grape juice. On the bathroom door was hanging a new outfit from my favorite store Ann Taylor Loft along with accessories. On the desk was a note letting me know that I needed to get ready because we had dinner reservations at 6:00pm. Shane and the boys had already brought all my things over to the lodge earlier so I had everything I needed to get ready. Shane arrived at the lodge around 5:30 and off to dinner we went to my favorite resturant, Nakatos! After a wonderful meal we headed back to the lodge where we hung out and talked by the fireplace!!!! It was so nice to just be a couple and to focus on each other. We just enjoyed being together. What a perfect end to a wonderful day!!! Like I said in my earlier post Shane is really good at surprises. He is so sweet and always knows how to make me feel so special! He is the best husband ever!!! I am so blessed to be married to such a wonderful man!!!!

No comments: