Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Thanksgiving Eve

As I sit here and type this post, A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving is playing in the background. The kids have gathered every blanket and pillow in the house and made one gigantic bed in the  middle of the floor. They are all snuggled up together-contently watching their show. And as I sit here with them, listening to them giggle and chat about the movie, I am blown away by these five little blessings. The Lord has given me so much!!!  I am humbled. I am honored. But mostly, I am THANKFUL!! Last year, our Thanksgiving was definitely bittersweet. We had just begun the paper chase for Addy-Kate's adoption and I remember feeling overwhelmed. I couldn't wait to get my hands on my baby girl, but I also thought it would NEVER happen. 
Now, here we are, a whole year later, getting ready to celebrate our little ones FIRST Thanksgiving. Oh how my heart is bursting with  JOY! People ask me all the time how Miss AK is doing. I can honestly say that "She is GREAT!!!"  She is the happiest, sweetest, most content little girl EVER! She has had no problem finding her place in our family and has quickly learned how to  make her presence known. 
She is simply precious and I still can't believe she is ALL MINE!
 Today was spent getting the house prepped and ready to host Thanksgiving dinner. All our family and friends will be coming over later tomorrow afternoon and we can't wait to enjoy our Thanksgiving feast with them. Today, the kids and I had fun getting busy in the kitchen. We did a little baking, a little crafting, and a little cleaning. 
 
I am SO THANKFUL that my big boys were off from school today too and were able to join us for all the fun! I know the day is fast approaching  where Mommy's crafts and baking ideas won't be something my boys get excited about anymore! I'm just glad that today, they still did.
 They were super happy and excited about all we did, and that makes my heart smile!
Praying your family has the MOST wonderful and BLESSED Thanksgiving. 

May your stuffing be tasty
May your turkey plump,
May your potatoes and gravy
Have nary a lump.
May your yams be delicious
And your pies take the prize,
And may your Thanksgiving dinner
Stay off your thighs!


5 comments:

annalee said...

We just finished watching Charlie Brown Thanksgiving too! Looove this sweet update on AK and each of those turkey hands.

Melanie said...

Absolutely precious! What a special, special Thanksgiving you will be celebrating tomorrow with the sweet & adorable AK! (Love that pic of her in-between Soph & Hud-hud!) Wow, what an amazing year, God is GOOD!
Okay, and seriously cannot believe all you got done today while preparing to host a huge Thanksgiving dinner tomorrow! That hand print turkey craft is TOO cute & what a special keepsake to look back on for years to come...I can just picture it in your kitchen when the kids are all grown (sniff, sniff!) What did you do the handprints on? Looks like possibly fabric covering the back of the frame? And what kind of paint did you use? Thanks!!!
Happy Thanksgiving to the sweetest, cutest family ever!

Courtney said...

It is amazing what a difference a year makes. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

jennifer said...

What a precious family you have!! Arts and crafts, running a marathon, making all those Halloween costumes!!! Im in awe! You are definitely supermom!!

Sarah said...

there is TOO much cuteness in this post for me to handle! darling smiles. happy hearts. precious lives. you do have MUCH to be thankful for!