Monday, August 15, 2011

Take me out to the ball game

I don't want to say it!!! I don't want to think it!! I don't even want to type it!!! 
But being in denial is not going to change it! 
Our summer is coming to an end AND I'M NOT READY!!!!
 We've had a GREAT summer though and tried to make the most of every single minute!
 
One of our MOST favorite things this summer has been spending time at the ball fields.
 Both Shane and my sister KK played in our church's softball league this season.
Watching them play their game each week was a fun high light of our summer!
And because most of the team was made up of members from our Adult Life Group, there was never a shortage of friends to hang out with during each game!
We are so proud of our team! 
They've played pretty well this season and we have had fun cheering them on from the sidelines!!
And to celebrate a wonderful and fun-filled season...
the kids baked baseball cupcakes for the game on Friday night.
(What do you think about my two topless chefs??)
The boys worked diligently all Friday afternoon frosting and decorating!
They took their time and added detail to each cupcake;)
They were super excited to share them with their friends during the game that night!
Judging from the looks of it, the babies sure did enjoy the boys hard work:)
Not only did we enjoy a sweet treat, but our team tasted sweet victory as well!!
It was a close game, but we were able to come home with the win!!!
Nothin' like SWEET SUCCESS;)

3 comments:

Courtney said...

I am sad that summer is coming to an end too. I love my job but I also love spending so much extra time with my niece and nephew.

Lexie Loo, Lily, Liam & Dylan Too said...

I can't believe summer is coming to an end! I love the pictures-I think the kids liked the cupcakes! ;)

Melanie said...

I am in total denial as well...so sad that summer is almost over! Trying to make the most of this week! Thanks for the cupcakes at softball, Jack said you even made his with little frosting!