Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Wrap up/ catch up;)

Lots of play dough--check, yummy snacks...check, fun games...check, great music...check, silly kids...check, learning all about Jesus...check 
A great week...
CHECK, CHECK, CHECK!!!!

We had the BEST time at Vacation Bible School this year!

It was truly wonderful, but oh my...what a whirlwind of a week!!! 
 
Getting everyone up, dressed, fed and out the door by 7:30am all week long proved difficult---
to say the least.

 We had become quite used to our lazy summer mornings around here, so last week was a rude awakening--no pun intended-ha;) 

 I was blessed to serve in Sophie and Hudson's classroom for the week!

 A room FULL of sweet two year olds will keep you on your toes--that's for sure!

 It was an AWESOME week though and I was beyond blessed to be a part of it! 

I LOVE my church AND my church family ROCKS!!!!

Shane was out of town all week long too, so when Friday finally rolled around, 
it brought him home to us too!

We enjoyed a nice lazy weekend, which was a welcomed treat after our crazy, busy week!

 
We got several things crossed off our never-ending "to do" list, 
AND had plenty of time to relax too!

 After church on Sunday, we stopped by "On the Border" to grab a bite to eat. 
 For SO.....long, we've avoided going out to eat. 
With the two babies in tow, eating at a restaurant was not an enjoyable experience. 

Most of the time, Shane or I would usually end up in the restaurant lobby with one or both babies, while everyone else sat at the table and finished eating.

Now that the babies are getting older, eating out is actually becoming a treat again!
YAY!!!
After lunch, we headed home so the littles could get a nap. 

When they woke up...
we headed to the pool to meet several of our friends/neighbors.

We had fun swimming...

relaxing...

 and enjoyed a pizza picnic with everyone poolside! 

   It was the perfect way to end a perfect summer weekend!


10 comments:

Brian & Ashley said...

Wow! You've been one busy mama! Great job helping with the kids- I'm sure you were a blessing to them.

Meg said...

OhI just love your sweet family!! I adore Sophie's dresses! The red gingham one was so sweet, did you make it? And seriously how cute is her swimsuit?! Love it!!

Sara @ Domestically Challenged said...

Busy, and having fun? Perfect summer post! I love the cake, and the pool looks perfect. I would imagine a room with 7 two year olds might be...busy! Have a great day!

Terri said...

VBS was such a blast! But it wears you out, for sure. It was an awesome, fun week. I love our church and church family, too!!!! Blessings!

Lexie Loo, Lily, Liam & Dylan Too said...

It looks like you had a wonderful week! I always love looking at your pictures. The kids are always smiling and look so cute!

Cheryl said...

Sounds like you were buzzing around all week. I do love the big smiles that little Hudson has.
Hope you have a nice and relaxing week.

alisha said...

Awesome Posting ! Beautiful Kids and good Family .
Sb&b breakfast

alisha said...

Awesome Posting ! Beautiful Kids and good Family .
Sb&b breakfast

These Are The Days said...

You're a trooper and I know I've said it before but I'll say it again...you're body rocks!! You're a little muscle Jenny. I'm totally envious. Email me your tricks of the trade k? :)

Melanie said...

Thanks so much for lovin' on Drew all week at VBS! I know he had SO much fun in Ms. Jenny's class! And you totally did an awesome job as Miss Greenpeace in the drama!! It was SO fun to watch!