Sunday, May 22, 2011

Makes a Momma Proud!

Every Wednesday night our family looks forward to AWANA's at our church. 
The acrostic stands for Approved Workmen Are Not Ashamed! 
It comes from the scripture 2 Timothy 2:15 
"Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a worker who has no need to be ashamed, rightly handling the word of truth."
I really can't say enough about the AWANA program, or about the precious leaders that serve my kids so faithfully every.single.week!!! 

I love that my kids are learning about Jesus while playing games and having fun. I love that my kids are motivated to hide God's word in their little hearts and encouraged to share the gospel with unsaved friends and family! 
I love that my boys look forward to church and can't wait until the next Wednesday night rolls around!!!

Wednesday night we celebrate the end of another wonderful AWANA year.

  
 An awards ceremony was held and all the children who participated in the program this year were honored. Corban earned his Sparky Award for completing all three Sparks books and for also memorizing over 189 verses!

  I was over the moon with excitement for him and so proud of his accomplishments this year!!!

3 comments:

Melanie said...

It's always a fun evening & makes us so proud of all the kids are learning & how they are hiding God's Word in their hearts!

Sarah said...

i came to know jesus personally through the awana program... i will sing its praises and support its efforts for always. SO HAPPY that our church has this. and, WAY TO GO corban!

Susan said...

Very cool Jenny! My girls actually started Awana in April after being invited by a friend. They both loved it and can't wait to go a full year next year.