Thursday, December 23, 2010

Makin' it Merry!

I seriously cannot believe that tomorrow is Christmas Eve! I still have so much to do. I haven't wrapped one. single. gift yet and truth be told--I haven't even finished my shopping either. Yes...I'll be one of those CRAZY shoppers out sometime tomorrow, picking up a few last minute items. Oh, well! Tis the season-right!

The kids and I stayed very busy in the kitchen again today.

I love the fact that my boys still think it's fun and cool to cook and craft with their ole' mom. I dread the day when my baking and crafting ideas are received with eye rolls and blank stares. As for right now though, my boys are giddy with excitement whenever I propose a new craft or recipe to try! It makes my heart smile! I just have to share with you one more cookie recipe that we made today.

Aren't these little "Melted Snowmen" the cutest thing!?!?
I'm not sure where I found this recipe, but when I saw it I knew we had to try them. And with the chance of a white Christmas looking more and more like a reality for us Carolina folks, these were the perfect winter treat! We made a double batch so we would have plenty to give away as gifts to our sweet neighbors! The boys helped me box them up and then attach a note that said..."Wishing and hoping for a "southern" white Christmas, where the snowmen don't last long...and neither do the cookies!"
The boys then had fun delivering our little goodies to our friends this afternoon!

And like every other year, we also made these cinnamon applesauce ornaments. Oh my goodness do they smell heavenly. I love the fact that my whole house smells incredibly festive right now! These little ornaments make perfect gifts for my boys to give to everyone on their Christmas list this year!

I don't know about you, but we've made a lot of homemade gifts this year. I think I've sewn more in the last few weeks than I have all year long;)! I can't wait to show you what I've put together, but I don't want to spoil any Christmas surprises yet;) Maybe after the holidays are over I'll do a post all about homemade gift ideas. I'd love to hear if you made any gifts this year too. I'd really like to start gathering a list of ideas in my head, and maybe get a head start on next year.

Well, I must get off now.

Santa's calling.
He's knee deep in wrapping paper, tape and presents and really needs some help from his Mrs. Clause's;)







7 comments:

Kodi said...

I would love to see a post with your handmade gifts! I *think* Santa is bringing me a sewing machine so I'll be looking for inspiration!

Kodi said...

I would love to see a post with your handmade gifts! I *think* Santa is bringing me a sewing machine so I'll be looking for inspiration!

April Westerhold said...

Yes, I'd love to see pics/info after the holidays on homemade gifts. Hope you guys have a great Christmas!

Melanie said...

Can't wait to see all that you have been making for Christmas gifts this year, know it will all be wonderful! Those melted snowmen are TOO cute & we may have to try those tomorrow! I love the little note you attached for the neighbor gifts, too clever! This is the first.year.ever that we DO have 95% of the wrapping done before Christmas Eve...and the stockings are even stuffed, woot-woot! But I was out shopping tonight to finish things up & Jeff is going out tomorrow for a few last items...this month has been a blur, but a happy one! Merry Christmas!

Courtney said...

You are such a wonderful mom. I love the snowman cookies. I can't wait to see all your homemade gifts.

Carolina City Girl said...

i remember making those ornaments back when i was in preschool! i still remember how they smell...maybe that's why that memory stuck in my head all these years :) merry christmas to you and your family! here's hoping for a white christmas...

Brian & Ashley said...

Cute snowmen! Merry Christmas!! Hope you and your family have a blessed Christmas!