Saturday, November 27, 2010

Our elf returns...

For the third year in a row, our little elf Sam, has returned from the North Pole to spend the holidays with our family. The boys have anxiously awaited his arrival since, well...since June! He usually arrives the day after Thanksgiving, but this year he was almost a little late in making his much anticipated appearance. He was...uh, "stuck" in a tub in the garage, and poor Shane had to dig him out around midnight the other night.
He did not want to disappoint the boys!

Sam's job is to observe the kids behavior during the day, and then fly back to the North Pole each night to give Santa a report. Each morning he has "returned" and is sitting in a new and different place in the house.
The boys race down the stairs each and every morning in order to be the first to spot him in his new location.

Our Elf on a Shelf has become one of our family's most favorite Christmas traditions!
Does your family have an elf?

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Soo cute upside down. Yes, we have an elf. His name is Oliver. Our elf usually comes on December 1st - the day after Garrett's birthday to start making his reports to Santa!

Bethany said...

Ha! I couldn't remember if he came the day after Thanksgiving or December 1st. Oh well, at least Jake isn't quite old enough to know. We are planning on putting up the Christmas stuff today.

Remember to send me that picture link today. And one more thing...in response to your comment on my blog, you will have to see me at the tea before you see me in the hospital:)

Donna said...

Fun to have traditions!!

Brian & Ashley said...

I love this idea! I can't wait to have kids to start it with. I love Christmas traditions! My favorite tradition is listening to my grandpa read about the birth of Christ from the book of Luke on Christmas Eve.

Blessings to you,
~Ashley

jen said...

Ours comes out the day after Thanksgiving as well! My kids look so forward to "Elfies" arrival. Such a fun tradition.

Ally said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ally said...

My sisters do this with my niece and nephews! They have so much fun with it and come up with so many creative things! They took the elves to the beach this summer and took pictures of him throughout our vacation then sent the children a post card with various pictures of him at the beach on it! They LOVED it and carried the postcard around for months! :)

Melanie said...

We don't have an Elf, but it is seriously TOO cute! I need to start that tradition, but I'm afraid that I would forget to move it every night!!

Sara @ Domestically Challenged said...

I NEED one of these!! I am ready to stick one in every room!

Caroline said...

He has a great spot. I am so excited to get Sam out, thats our elf. I guess its that time. Thanks for the reminder!

Amy said...

Yep! Skidder. My kids are the same as yours, running down to see who can find him. FUN!