Monday, November 22, 2010

A Miss "A" update...

Thank you for your words of encouragement last week as we walked through the heartache of saying "goodbye" to our sweet foster daughter.
In many ways it feels like more than a week has passed, and in other ways it feels like it was just yesterday. I am still finding odds and ends around the house that serve as constant reminders to us that she was here. I've come across Polly pockets shoe, a barbie outfit, and several pieces of her art work proudly displayed upon our pantry door. We went to turn on the DVD player yesterday, and Strawberry Shortcake began playing on the screen. (That made my heart smile.)
I am always counting little heads, especially when we load up to go anywhere. So many times this week, I've looked back in the rear view mirror and some how been surprised when I only counted four.

Yesterday, we had a chance to talk with Miss "A" on the phone. She sounded GREAT and was so.......happy. She started back to school last Thursday, and really, really liked it. She was so excited to tell me about a new friend that she had made named, Jasmine. She also told me all about her new pink princess bedroom, and her pillow pet. She had her picture taken with Santa at the mall, and wants a unicorn for Christmas;) {SMILE} Corban and Riley chatted with her for a while too. She begged to talk to Sophie, but unfortunately she was napping at the time. I told her that next Sunday when we call again, we'll make sure Sophie is awake.

It thrilled my heart to know that she was adjusting so well and I wanted to share that with you all too!
Thanks for your sweet prayers on behalf of Miss "A"!
God is so....good!!!

18 comments:

Paige said...

It is such a blessing to hear that A is doing great at her new home. Praying that this transition continues to be easy for all of you.

Hailey said...

So wonderful to hear. Got chills reading it!

Melanie said...

Praise the Lord!!! I am so glad to hear that A is adjusting well & is SO happy there! Happy tears here!

Kelly said...

So happy to hear she is well! I have been praying for your sweet family. Love following you!

Kandi said...

That's so wonderful! I'm glad she's happy and adjusting well. I hope you are, too. I think it's great that you are keeping in touch with her every week. What a blessing.

Carolina City Girl said...

glad to hear it :) been thinking about ya'll all week!

Jessica Bene said...

I don't post comments very often, but I love your blog. I am due with my 4th child in April and you are such an encouragement to me with all those kiddos of yours. :)
So, so happy she is doing well. Thanks for the update.. She has been in my thoughts and prayers and I am so glad life is still great for her :)

Sara @ Domestically Challenged said...

This is great to hear, and I am sure it is heartbreaking too. I hope to hear more about how well she is adjusting, and that she got her unicorn for Christmas!

Katie said...

Jenny, that is wonderful news. I know that is so good for your heart.

Those turkey cupcakes are the cutest!

Stacy@hiswaynotmine said...

So glad to hear that the transition is going smoothly. I'm sure it must be so hard as the reminders are around you. I'm glad that you are able to stay in each other's lives. May God continue to encourage your heart and comfort you each day. :)

paige said...

Praise God!! Thanks for posting this update!! - makes my heart smile!!

Brian & Ashley said...

I'm so thankful she is adjusting so well. Thanks for the update. God is so..good!!

These Are The Days said...

Glad to hear she's doing well. I am not sure if I am up to it but I keep getting little impressions that maybe we should foster. I've kinda always wanted to but haven't been sure if I'm strong enough for the goodbye part. We downsized too so for now it's not possible but maybe a little down the road. I am so impressed with all the people in my church that are foster parents. People with more kids than me and younger/closer together ages. You all amaze me...I'm taking notes. :) Happy Thanksgiving Jenny hope you have a good one.

Annie said...

Glad to hear that she is fine.

Bethany @ Our 4 Sons Plus 1...Super Cute Girly Girl said...

So glad you heard her happy and excited about what's going on in her life! And how sweet that she wanted to talk to Sophie so badly!!! That one melted me!

Love your furry new addition- what a sweetie! :)

Lexie Loo, Lily, Liam & Dylan Too said...

I'm so happy to hear that she's doing so well!

Celia Jimenez said...

Yay!! She has been the subject of many bedtime prayers...and Amy is eagerly checking the mail for a letter from her (uh, even though we haven't even sent her our letter!!!). So glad that she is adjusting well. She really is a trooper!

Melissa said...

I don't comment here often, but I just cried for y'all last week reading about A leaving. I can't imagine the heartache of saying goodbye to someone that's been "yours" for any amount of time. I'm thrilled to hear that she's doing well and want you to know that we are praying for her and YOU here in Cali.