Sunday, November 7, 2010

Just a weekend...but sweet memories made

We had a low key kind-of weekend around here. Don't you just love those!?!? I know I sure do.
Friday, I watched my precious niece Makayla, while my sister-in-law had some out-patient surgery done.

My niece is just about the sweetest little girl EVER. I adore her, and the kids had so much fun playing together.

Friday evening, we headed over to Corban and "A's" school for a "FAMILY NIGHT".

They set up lots of little carnival-like games in the gym, and the kids had a blast running from game to game trying them all.

Watching the sack races was so fun.

The babies of course had to try too,

but a little help from Daddy was definitely needed;)

After running around the gym for a while, Shane suggested we go get some ice cream.

Of course that suggestion was well received by our little clan, so off we went to Dunkin Doughnut/Baskin Robbins for a fall evening treat. Our sweet neighbors and friends, the Wirts, came along for the fun too.

Saturday morning was full of, what else, but SOCCER. Next Saturday is our last day of games, and I'm secretly jumping up and down inside. Getting everyone up and out the door EVERY Saturday by 8:30am is getting just a tad old. I'm ready to spend a relaxing Saturday morning at home for a change. We've had a WONDERFUL season though, and the kids have really grown and improved their skills.

"A" with Coach Jeff.

"A's" mom has been coming to all her games, but unfortunately she was scheduled to work this Saturday. She got a job at a new McDonald's that just opened up by our house. Saturday afternoon they were celebrating their grand opening, so she invited our family to her store for lunch and to meet Ronald McDonald. After soccer was over, we loaded up and headed over.

Not only did we get a chance to MEET Ronald, but he even sat down at our table for a few minutes.

He did some magic tricks and the kids were in complete awe! After a yummy lunch, and a GREAT time, we headed home.
Align Center
The rest of the afternoon the kids played while Shane and I did a few things around the house.

We ended our day with a pizza/movie night. Have you ever seen "The Butter Cream Gang"? I remember watching it when I was growing up. About a year ago, my mother-in-law bought us a subscription to Feature Films for Families. We love getting new DVD's, but "The Butter Cream Gang" is definitely one of our favorites.

Happy Sunday Everyone!

6 comments:

emily said...

Sounds like a great weekend! Low key is totally the way to go!

Mary Ann said...

what a fun weekend! great pictures!

Carolina City Girl said...

low-key weekends are for sure the best...looks like a lot of fun :)

Jill said...

Thanks for your prayers on my 1/2 marathon today...I finished in under 2 hours. Woot-woot!

Melanie said...

I am with you girl...practically doing back-flips that soccer will be over in a week! Low-key weekends are the best & looks like you guys had such a great one! The pics from Family Night at the kids' school are SO.....cute!

Lexie Loo, Lily, Liam & Dylan Too said...

Cute pictures of your wonderful weekend! I just love your family!