Monday, July 19, 2010

Flower Power: my new craft obsession...

Y'all...right now I am just head over heels in love with these fabric flowers.
It's seriously crazy how excited I can get about a new crafty thing!;)

Making these fabric flower clips and headbands just makes me happy though;)

They are not just for your hair either. You can attach these flowers to anything really...like tops, shoes, handbags, belts, ect.

The possibilities are endless!


And of course these headbands are not just for my girls either--no sirree...
I am having fun wearing them too!


I have visited several crafty blogs and websites that give tutorials on how to make these, but I decided to follow this one. It was really easy and totally fool proof.
Let me know if you decide to try it out!!

AND....
coming real soon---

a tutorial on how to make pillowcase dresses. Many of you have sweetly asked me about the dresses I make for Sophie. I promise, I haven't been ignoring you;) I was just always a little hesitant to give exact directions on making these dresses. First of all, I have NEVER followed a pattern so measurements and such have always just been my guesstimates. Plus, I am just an amateur seamstress and I am sure there are MANY, MANY others who are WAY more qualified than me to give a sewing tutorial. Well, after making tons and tons of dresses, (seriously--I think I could make them in my sleep) I think I've perfected my technique and found what works for me. I am working on two dresses for my girls right now, and just as soon as I'm finished I'll post the directions!

Happy Monday Everyone!

14 comments:

Michelle said...

Oh I can't wait to try to make some for me and Ashley! And YAY a tutorial on a pillow case dress! I believe I was one of the readers requesting it!!!

Sara said...

Jenny, You are amazing!!!! 5 babies!!! How can you do all you do?!!!! Kisses from Italy.
Sara.

Ashlee said...

Yay!! I bought one pillowcase dress for Kari but didn't know an easy way to make one by myself!

Melanie said...

I noticed your pretty aqua flower headband yesterday, LOVE it! They are so pretty & if I can get to the craft store I'm definitely going to try making them! So sweet!! Thanks!!

Anonymous said...

What I want to know is when do you find time to do these crafts and make those cute clothes with 5 kiddo's around and a hubby? :) I love all of the things that you make. I have tried my hand at the t-shirts that you show your boys wearing. Mine turned out cute but I didn't sew the edges and it shows. Thanks for the inspiration!

The Corwins said...

I love the flowers! How fun! Thanks for posting!

Unknown said...

Ohhhh - love these. I almost bought a pretty white flower at Kohl's today, but didn't want to spend the $4 - now I can go through my fabric and make some!!Thanks Jenny!

Julie said...

i have been wanting to try the flower headband on myself for a while now but didn't know if i could pull it off...it looks so cute on you, i might just have to try it :) and i can't wait for the tutorial on pillowcase dresses, i made some for my nieces last year and they didn't quite work out right.

i just love reading your blog, you have a beautiful family and are such an inspiration!

Bethany said...

Just maybe you will have to teach me how to make these girly things! We will see:)!

Devin said...

Those are adorable! I love them...can't wait to see the 'how-to' on the dresses! Maybe I'll make sewing for Lola my next 'new venture'!

Lexie Loo, Lily, Liam & Dylan Too said...

I'm really looking forward to your tutorial! Her dresses are always so cute!

Celia Jimenez said...

LOL! Jenny, I had to laugh as I clicked on your link to the video post. I'd like to see you do your tutorial alongside of "her" doing her tutorial! Ha. So funny!

Jill said...

I love reading your blog, and I will so be trying out these fabric flowers...can't wait. Thanks for sharing the tutorial. :)

The Richards Family said...

I love this.. My question is, how do you cover the headband.. I just need full directions. And how do you get that middle piece in your flower?? THANKS for helping a mommy of boys, that wants to be CUTE TOO!