Thursday, April 1, 2010

Just some Easter FUN!

Oh how I LOVE Easter! Our family is so...looking forward to this glorious upcoming weekend. The weather is supposed to be beautiful and we have lots of fun things planned. All our extended family will be coming over here on Sunday after church to celebrate. Instead of a traditional Easter lunch, we decided to have brunch. The menu is all planned and it should be yummy!
Can't wait!

With Easter just around the corner, the kids and I got busy in the kitchen yesterday afternoon.

We had fun baking "Some BUNNY loves you" cupcakes, and dyeing Easter eggs.
The Bunny cupcakes were a HUGE hit with my boys and were super easy to do!

We had fun decorating several dozen bunnies and then delivered them to a few of our neighbors as a special Easter treat.

After our cupcakes were done, it was time to dye some eggs.

This was a much messier task, but equally as fun.

Even little miss Sophie got to decorate a few eggs.

She was lovin' it!

The boys had a great time being creative as they decorated each of their eggs.

I also found this GREAT recipe for "Empty Tomb Easter Rolls" which I'm really excited to try on Sunday morning before church. They sound so..........neat and I know the kids will get a kick out of them. I'll let you know how they turn out!

Happy Easter Everyone!

"But He was pierced for our transgressions, He was crushed for our sins; the punishment that brought us peace was upon Him, and by His wounds were are healed!"
Isaiah 53:5

9 comments:

Bethany @ Our 4 Sons Plus 1...Super Cute Girly Girl said...

I'll bet your neighbors enjoyed their wonderful surprises! Those are some adorable cupcakes- we might have to try our hand at making those tomorrow!

I have a sewing question for you Jenny, well, 2 actually... do you simply sew a casing and then pull the ribbon through to make the gathers? That's what I'm thinking. Also, those appliqued pieces you made were wonderful- do you use an iron-on stabilizer before sewing them on? Thanks! :)

Terri said...

You do the cutest things and are such a sweetheart!!! It IS going to be a glorious weekend!! Blessings!!!!

These Are The Days said...

Those cupcakes are too cute. Thanks for the idea, my kids will love them. Oh that little Sophie of yours...how can you ever say no w/ those big blue eyes?? Love her!

LeighAnne said...

Love the bunny cupcakes. So cute.
Happy Easter!!!!!!!!

Annice said...

Looks and sounds like ya'll have had lots of fun and are going to continue to have lots of fun this weekend. Happy Easter!!!

Mary Ann said...

Hey Jenny, I just got my computer back today from getting fixed. I am so happy to be able to visit your blog again! I am posting again too!;0) Yay! I see you made the bunny cupcakes (are yours from the all you mag.?) we are getting ready to make those tomorrow! Sara Ava also has a dress made out of the material that Sophie is wearing (pillow case)> Great minds think a like. Blessings!

Lexie Loo, Lily, Liam & Dylan Too said...

You always make the cutest goodies! I bet your neighbors love you.
I hope you and your family have a wonderful Easter!

Courtney said...

I love those adorable cupcakes. Everyone looks like they are having a blast coloring eggs. Have a wonderful Easter weekend!

Devin said...

Oh, looks like so much fun...we are doing many of these things today! Happy Easter to you! :)