Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Good-bye Mullet and a Playdate

Yes, I know that is quite the title, but it really does describe what our little family has been up to lately. LOL

My sweet Hudson had his first official hair cut this weekend. Poor little guy had what we like to call "old man hair". You know---where his hair is REALLY growing in around his head, but the top---well---not so much. He's still pretty bare up there;)

The back was getting quite long, so I decided it was time for a little hair cut. It was so...hard trying to cut his hair as he was moving around. My sweet boy would not hold still for even a minute. Not only was I nervous about accidentally cutting him with the scissors, I was also worried about getting his hair even and looking somewhat decent.

Well, it's DEFINITELY not even, but it was the best I could do considering it was a moving target;)! I think it looks better though.

So long Mullet!!!
Another month or so and it will time to take him to the real barber for a trim!


This weekend we also enjoyed a play date with friends at the mall.

The kids LOVE going to the mall and playing on the indoor playground.

Of course, the mall is designed where right beside the kids free playground is an area with pay as you go rides. Each 30 second ride is about 75 cents!!! Now normally I tell my kids that we are only playing on the free playground, but before we left home, Riley emptied his little piggy bank and brought with him enough money to ride a few of the rides.

He was SO.....excited to ride and just as excited to share those rides with his sweet sister.
A fun-filled day was had by all!!


8 comments:

Love Being A Nonny said...

What a fun day and an Adorable haircut!!

Jessi said...

My daughter had a mullet for the longest time but I just kept it up. Then when my son got one it was hilarious. His hair grew in the same way as yours! He was bald on top and had a mullet (of curls!). So funny :)

Your kids are adorable!

Melanie said...

I love Hudson's haircut! Jeff keeps saying we should have gotten Drew a haircut for his birthday! We do need to cut it again as he can't see through all of the hair in his eyes!!
And what a sweet guy Riley is to share his $$, LOVE him!

Bethany said...

Hudson looks like such a big boy! I can't believe he got a haircut before Jake! Ha ha!

Faith said...

How cute!! You did a great job. He's looking more and more like a big boy!

Mandy said...

Oh... I love his new hair cut!! It makes them look like such little men : )

Courtney said...

I can't believe how big Hudson is getting. Looks like a fun playdate!

BRANDY said...

Luke's hair grows in a "duck tail" in the back. When he was a baby, he had one big curl in the back because of the way it grew. I loved that sweet little baby curl and stalled the haircut as long as I could. One day Steve looked at me and said "When are you going to get that rat-tail cut off?" I couldn't believe it! My sweet baby didn't have a rat-tail...or did he?

The next day he went to the barber.

Hudson looks adorable! Good job with the trim. You are a brave woman!