Thursday, March 25, 2010

Doctor and Doughnuts

Riley, Sophie, and Hudson all had doctor appointments this morning. Sophie and Hud both had well checks and Riley had a sick appointment. (Over the last week or so, Riley has developed a little rash on his leg. I've been treating it with over the counter meds, but today it looked worse. I called the doctor first thing this morning to see if he could be seen along with the babies.) I called my mom and asked her to come with us too. With all three being seen, I knew I would need some reinforcement;) Thank goodness for my mom! I don't know how I would have managed other wise. After an hour and a half visit, multiple shots , finger pricks for blood work, multiple prescriptions, and LOTS of tears later, we were thankfully out of there and DONE!

Sophie is still a peanut! She was barely on the charts for her weight. She weighed in at a mere 20 pounds! She was in the five percentile for weight and the fifty percentile for height. Hudson on the other hand was off the charts too, but to the other extreme! He weighted in at whopping 23 pounds and was in the 50 percentile for height. He's just a big boy. My other boys were too. Love em that way;)!!!

Well, after our crazy morning we came home to a WONDERFUL surprise waiting for us on our front porch....DOUGHNUTS!!!!

My Grandpa (aka- the doughnut man) left us this sweet surprise.

The kids were so...excited!
Riley couldn't wait to dig into his Boston Cream!

Sophie LOVED her pink sprinkled doughnut!

And Hudson is a fan of a good chocolate doughnut!
What a sweet way to brighten our day and lift our spirits!

How sweet the taste of your promise is! It tastes sweeter than honey.
Psalms 119:103

14 comments:

Jessica said...

My little Trinty is also a peanut. She will be 2 next month and weighs 22 pounds! She eats non stop, but is still tiny! Wish I could do that!

Jodi said...

so adorable! I love how excited they were to show you their faces!

Caroline said...

Riley must know Boston Cream pie donuts are the BEST!
I had a Dr appointment today and had to take my two, we did survive! Glad you did too, just wish I had some donuts too :)

Brittany said...

What cuties! They definitely deserved a doughnut after a Dr. visit!

Melanie said...

What a sweet, sweet surprise from your Grandpa! That little Sophie is one sweet petite girlie, she is a doll! And Hudson is going to make a great football player! Glad your mom went with you, she is the best!

Annie said...

One of my twins still is a little peanut and sometimes I have lots of concerns. Hope Riley recover soon.

Donuts are always a big hit.

Love Being A Nonny said...

I think you deserve a doughnut after a day at the doctor!

I am having a give away today!

Heather said...

This is so cute!! I love their little faces! Just found your blog and am your newest follower!! You have a beautiful family! I look forward to reading more!

Celia Jimenez said...

Always better to have dougnuts when going to the doctor. Tyler is with me while I'm looking at your blog and he said, "They got doughnuts? No fair!" :-) Ha ha! But then I told him why...and he said no thanks! Glad everyone is happy now!!!

Susan said...

What a great surprise waiting for you. I'm sure that it made having to be at the doctor's better for everyone.

Bethany @ Our 4 Sons Plus 1...Super Cute Girly Girl said...

Oh my goodness! That Sophie and her adorable pink face, Hudson with a look of sheer bliss, and Riley...a boy after my own heart- got himself a Boston Cream! What a sweet way to add a little sunshine to a rough morning! Isn't family the best!!

Terri said...

Sounds like a rough morning ended very sweetly! So what did the dr say Riley's rash was? Jacob had a rash we couldn't get rid of that turned out to be ecxema. But taking gummy fish oil supplements actually keeps it under control. Blessings!!!

Lexie Loo, Lily, Liam & Dylan Too said...

I hope Riley's rash cleared up. I love that Grandpa leaves donuts-that is so sweet!

Cherit said...

Dunkin Donuts just make the day a little brighter! Cute pictures!