Friday, February 12, 2010

The most romanic date EVER!

Show Us Your Life with Kelly's Korner

Kelly at KellysKorner is hosting, Show us your Life--Valentine Dates or Ideas.

Since my sweet husband is a true romantic at heart, I thought it would be fun to share and re-live one of my best Valentine dates EVER!!!

My husband is AWESOME when it comes to gifts, birthdays, holidays, and/or surprises. Now, my birthday falls of Valentines Day, so bless his heart, my husband has double the pressure on that one day! He always rises to the occasion though, and normally blows me away with his thoughtfulness. One of the my best birthday/ Valentines Day surprises took place two years ago. What I thought was supposed to be a pretty ordinary Friday turned out completely different than I expected. My morning began with Shane announcing that he had made me an appointment at the Ballantyne Spa. Oh. my. heart! What a surprise!

He dropped me off at the spa and told me to enjoy my entire day of pampering. After I received the total treatment---facial, manicure, pedicure, and a Swedish massage, one of the girls working there came in and told me a car was waiting for me outside. It would take me to the Ballantyne Lodge( a few blocks away from the resort) where Shane and I would be spending the night!!!!!

The Lodge at Ballantyne, Charlotte Hotels in North Carolina

She handed me a room key. I was then taken to my room which was decorated with rose petals, chocolates waiting, and sparkling grape juice on ice. On the bathroom door was hanging a brand new outfit from my favorite store, Ann Taylor Loft. Accessories were also placed on the dresser. On the desk was a note letting me know that I needed to get ready because we had dinner reservations at 6:00pm. Earlier in the day, while I was at the spa, Shane and the boys brought all my things over to the lodge, so I had everything I needed to get ready. Shane arrived around 5:30 and off to dinner we headed to my favorite restaurant, Nakatos!
After a delicious meal we headed back to the lodge where we hung out and talked by the beautiful fireplace!!!! I truly felt like a princess for a day!
It was the BEST. DATE. EVER!!!!

16 comments:

ABK said...

Hi Jenny- I've been reading your blog for a little while now but have not commented yet. Just wanted to wish you a happy birthday! My birthday is sunday too! Enjoy your day. :)

Caroline said...

Wow! That is a GREAT date!

Terri said...

I remember this! So beautiful!!! Blessings!

BRANDY said...

Wow - that is a great date! I'm wondering if he could offer a course up for husbands that are "romantically challenged". :-)

Happy birthday!

Jessica Bene said...

Aww, what a great date! He is a keeper ;)

Kelly said...

What an awesome date! You've got such a sweet hubby!!

dawn said...

what a fabulous date!! i am so sure you enjoyed it!! hope everyone is feeling better at your house!!

Jill said...

Oh my goodness! I love it! I am just going to leave this blogpost up so my husband might "happen" to read it when he gets on the computer! :) Have a great birthday weekend!

Susan said...

Oh my, sounds like the movies!! Be blessed and enjoy your hubby!

♥Happy Valentine's Day♥

Bethany @ Our 4 Sons Plus 1...Super Cute Girly Girl said...

WOW!! That is truly wonderful!! Maybe I'll just have to leave your blog up with a big ol' post-it that says 'READ ME, PLEASE' stuck to the screen for the mister...nothing wrong with a little red-blooded competition! hee hee :)

Happy Valentine's Day...and Happy Birthday too!

Faith said...

Now THAT is an awesome date!! Hope you have a wonderful Valentine's and birthday weekend! Happy early birthday!!

These Are The Days said...

Hung out and talked? Whatever! ;) Oh my, what a big sweet heart you have. I am going to have to read this to Kimball, he needs some work in the romance dept.

emily said...

Your husband should "teach" other husbands on proper Valentine's day surprises! :)

He sure sounds like a keeper, and I know you deserved every bit of it!

Happy birthday!
emily

Melanie said...

I remember when Shane surprised you with that wonderful weekend! You guys are the sweetest couple!

Celia Jimenez said...

Its good that you have those sweet memories...now when everyone's sick and its so cold and yucky...remember that weekend! :-) And think of happy times!! Ha ha!!!

Jessica said...

Happy 30th Birthday...a little late. And this is the most romantic date ever! What a treat to be pampered and loved on.