Friday, January 29, 2010

Family Friendly Food!

Well, I introduced my family to two new recipes this week and honestly, they both are keepers. One came from my beloved Taste of Home cookbook, and the other was from
The Best of Country Cooking, 2007.
I've been excited about adding some variety to my weekly menu plans.



Tuesday night I made Easy Arroz Con Pollo.
Not really sure how authentic tasting this recipe was, but
my family enjoyed it!

Then on Thursday night we had Upside-Down Meat Pie.
It was rather simple to make (which I LOVE) and tasted great.
My kids gobbled it right up.
SCORE!!!!!

The BEST thing about both these recipes is that they can be assembled earlier in day.
I usually try and put my dinner together in the morning, as I'm fixing breakfast for my kids.
I LOVE having dinner done just waiting to be popped in the oven later in the day.
Makes dinner time SO.....much easier and less stressful for me.








5 comments:

Lara said...

Those look like they are both delicious. I completely agree with you on the early prepping; it makes things MUCH smoother with little ones under foot. I love, love, LOVE TOH too - I really trust and rely on that magazine. I have their big binder recipe books (baking & cooking) out from the library right now. ;o)
~Lara

dawn said...

yummy!!! i am like you i like to do my dinner prep early in the day, i usually do it while the kids eat lunch! and it makes those crazy afternoons so much easier!!

Terri said...

If I don't have dinner figured out by noon, it makes it so much harder to have a smooth afternoon! I am also in a dinner rut, and need to pull in some new recipes. Isn't it wonderful when the family likes the new offerings? These look good! Blessings!

Deidre said...

Both of those look delicious. I am in a cooking slump - tired of the same old thing. Also, if I can't prepare it early in the day, odds are I will NOT want to cook later :)

Simply Living said...

I am with you on having dinner planned in the morning and making it long before the supper hour comes!! It's so nice to just pop it in the oven!!:) I'll have to give one of these recipes a try.