Sunday, January 31, 2010

Walkin' in a Winter Wonderland...

So we got some "real" wintry weather this weekend. I say "real" because North Carolina winters tend to be very mild. We rarely, if ever, even see snow. Well, Friday night we experienced lots of freezing rain, some snow, but mostly ice.

It was nice though to wake up and see the light dusting of snow covering the ground.

In honor of our snow day, I did my best to make snowman pancakes for breakfast. They turned out kind-of cute! The kids thought they were GREAT!

After breakfast the boys started begging to go outside and play.

The Robinson's, who are our neighbors and sweet church friends, called and invited Shane and the boys over for some sledding fun.
So they suited up and off they went!

They all went sledding on the hill at Corban's school.

I was told I should be glad I stayed at home with the babies, and wasn't there to witness a slight collision involving my sweet Riley, and out of control sled, and a TREE!!!!!!!
Oh My!!!!
Thank goodness he was FINE!

After about an hour or so, they made their way back home in order to thaw out.

Hot cocoa was what was requested the minute they walked in the door.

Because of the snow and ice everything we originally had planned for the day was canceled,
so we got to enjoyed a rather quiet afternoon at home.
So NICE!

I {HEART} snow days!

And although right now spring seems forever away, I am enjoying a little taste of it right inside my house.

Shane's boss--(yes BOSS) sent ME this beautiful Gardenia plant earlier in the week as a thank you for all the long hours Shane has been working lately.
It smells absolutely DIVINE!
I was so touched that she would even think about me during this busy time at work!
How sweet is that!!!!!
It totally made my day!;)











9 comments:

Bethany said...

We have had a great time in the snow/ice too. Matt made us pancakes for breakfast this morning, but not in the shape of snowmen:). He actually put a few of Jake's favorite candies...M&M's in a few! Of course he ate them right up!

Brittany and Charlie-Social Butterfly said...

The pancakes look super cute and that is really sweet of Shane's boss to do that. So nice!!!!

Melanie said...

Looks like a GREAT snow day! And that is SO kind of Shane's boss! Enjoy your fragrant reminder that spring is around the corner!

These Are The Days said...

Oh...that little Sophia. Too cute, that mug's bigger than her head. :) Snow and sledding sounds fab...a dream for us AZ folks. How awesome that you got a floral delivery from Shane's boss. Very nice. I have 3 of those plants in my backyard, wish I did a better job at taking care of them. :/ Enjoy your 'winter wonderland'.

Mary Ann said...

Glad you guys enjoyed the snow we did too! ( since we live about 45 min. from) The kids were so excited that we finally got something since we missed it last time around. It was nice to be able to stay home this weekend and catch up on some projects! Cute pics. btw....=0)

"salembrookie" said...

I bought the same sleds for students at Salem! I tested one yesterday, and it goes FAST! But super fun.
Glad you guys had a great snow day!

Lexie Loo, Lily, Liam & Dylan Too said...

I bet the boys loved their snow day!!!

Celia Jimenez said...

I want my house to smell of gardenias! :-) Cute pics of the boys!!!

Courtney said...

I love snow days too, espcially when I don't have to go out. What a sweet boss to send you such a beautiful flower.