Saturday, August 9, 2008

A Perfect Friday Night

After a VERY, VERY, busy week, I heard the words every busy mom needs to hear from her husband..."Don't worry about dinner, let's just take the boys and go grab something...You deserve it!" Yes, those were the sweet words of my precious husband as we were talking on the phone yesterday afternoon. After work, Shane came by the house and picked up the boys and I. We headed to Hickory Tavern, which is one of our favorite restaurants.


The food is always great and they give you so much of it that our boys can split a kids meal. After dinner, we surprised the boys by taking them to another one of our favorite hang-outs for dessert. They just finished building a Baskin Robbins/Dunkin Donut about 1 mile away from our house. They also have a great place to hang-out right behind their store.

The boys love to eat their donut (or icecream- depending on their choice) outside and then run around and play. It really is a fun little place. The weather was beautiful too. It has been REALLY hot here, but this weekend we're supposed to be getting a little relief.
Hope you had a great Friday night!

6 comments:

Faith said...

Ya'll are so cute! Emma would love those donuts the boys have =)

We've never been to Hickory Tavern, but might have to give it a try!

Enjoy your Saturday...I think it is supposed to be a little cooler!

{darlene} said...

Thanks for your comment, too! I am such a sucker for comments. heehee. anyway, had to tell you: your blog is cute too! And your family is precious. God's blessings to you. I will be following your adoption/family story.

{darlene} said...

I love your new look! Isn't it fun that we can even decorate our computer?? I think I would decorate a box if I lived in one!!

Thank you for adding me to your blogroll. I have you on mine! I probably should have asked you first!
What would the sweet girls from your manners camp say about that??
In Him, Darlene

CarolinaGirl said...

What a precious family! I love the green pola dot shirt/dress you have on. Oh, I miss being able to go to Hickory Tavern, YUM! Way to go Dad!

These Are The Days said...

Looks like a fun night. Don't you just love Friday nights? My kids love Friday nights because we let them stay up late and rent a movie. You're family is adorable. Good luck on your next window project, I'd like to see them when you're done.

Heather said...

Hi Jenny! I came over from Faith's blog and I must say- your family is SO adorable and I am so excited that you want to adopt a daughter! I will be back often- just wanted to say "Hi!"
Oh yeah- and I love when my husband says that to me, too. I love not having to worry about dinner!