Monday, June 16, 2008

Our Father's Day

We spent yesterday afternoon at my parents house, celebrating Father's Day. We decided to have appetizers and desserts instead of cooking a huge meal. Everyone brought something to share and EVERYTHING was delicious. I chose to make that oooey gooey strawberry cake again. It was a hit! Another one of my favorites was my Grandma's Mexican layer dip.
It's wonderful, delicious, and easy to make.

Don't let this picture scare you...
The only thing my dad wanted for Father's Day was a BB gun. He had one, but it broke, so he REALLY wanted a new one.

My brothers, sisters, and I all decided to go in on this present together. Since I know nothing about BB guns, and don't care to learn, the selection process was left up to my brother, Steve. I thought BB guns were small and more compact. I was SHOCKED when Steve handed it to my dad.

My Dad with all six of us!

Shane is such a GREAT dad. He LOVES our boys so much and is such a godly role model for them. He gives 100% of himself to them all the time. Cor and Ri made Shane a picture frame and also helped me pick out a new book, by Josh McDowell, for him!
Happy Father's Day, Babe! I love you!

After the party, Corban got a chance to sit on my Uncle's new motorcycle.
This is Corban and his Great-Grandpa!

4 comments:

Kristin said...

How fun! I love the picture with your dad all the siblings. I think Timmy was the most shocking of all! In my mind, he's only two years old :)

Faith said...

You have such a beautiful family! So glad you had a wonderful time celebrating with everyone!

Bethany said...

I LOVE Riley's smile in this one. He could never do anything wrong:)

Anonymous said...

You have such a lovely family. so glad to see a pic of you all together-- you all look so much alike :)